Weird viewer issue, mesh and image upload failing

Jackal Ennui

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since sunday, I've been having weird issues with mesh and image uploads. I'm using the official viewer Second Life 3.7.16 (294015) with Windows 7 64 bit (up to date with all patches)

When I try to upload a mesh, the uploader will indicate the triangles and vertices count as being 1, or 3, or 5, even though the mesh is a couple hundred or thousand tris, and the preview window doesn't show a preview. Forcing it to re-load the same mesh (by clicking "Browse" and selecting the same DAE file) will set the triangle count correctly, but "Generate normals" fails, and uploading fails. This happens with known good meshes, that I uploaded successfully last week. This happens with a simple 8 verts / 1 material cube, and both on the beta grid and the main grid.

When trying to upload an image (TGA, PNG, doesn't matter) the preview works, but then I get the error message "Couldn't convert the image to jpg2000". I've successfully uploaded these same images last week.

I've tried:

- uploading the same files with the same account and same viewer version from a different PC with a fresh Win7 install: works. so it's clearly not an issue with my account, nor the DAE files themselves, nor the viewer

- doing numerous clean viewer reinstall, following the instructions in the KB (http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231) - didn't help

- tried the Kokua viewer, which I hadn't ever installed previously - it worked until the next reboot. Now it will still upload images, but shows the same errors with mesh files

- tried the most recent official viewer version, and the one before (from the wiki)

- updated my graphic drivers, did a malware / virus scan

Other than updating iTunes and Flash, I didn't install or patch any software recently.

I'm really at my wit's end with this. Has anyone had a similar issue? Any ideas how to resolve this?

Jackal Ennui wrote:

Since sunday, I've been having weird issues with mesh and image uploads. I'm using the official viewer Second Life 3.7.16 (294015) with Windows 7 64 bit (up to date with all patches)

When I try to upload a mesh, the uploader will indicate the triangles and vertices count as being 1, or 3, or 5, even though the mesh is a couple hundred or thousand tris, and the preview window doesn't show a preview. Forcing it to re-load the same mesh (by clicking "Browse" and selecting the same DAE file) will set the triangle count correctly, but "Generate normals" fails, and uploading fails. This happens with known good meshes, that I uploaded successfully last week. This happens with a simple 8 verts / 1 material cube, and both on the beta grid and the main grid.

When trying to upload an image (TGA, PNG, doesn't matter) the preview works, but then I get the error message "Couldn't convert the image to jpg2000". I've successfully uploaded these same images last week.

I've tried:

- uploading the same files with the same account and same viewer version from a different PC with a fresh Win7 install: works. so it's clearly not an issue with my account, nor the DAE files themselves, nor the viewer

- doing numerous clean viewer reinstall, following the instructions in the KB (
- didn't help

- tried the Kokua viewer, which I hadn't ever installed previously - it worked until the next reboot. Now it will still upload images, but shows the same errors with mesh files

- tried the most recent official viewer version, and the one before (from the wiki)

- updated my graphic drivers, did a malware / virus scan

Other than updating iTunes and Flash, I didn't install or patch any software recently.

I'm really at my wit's end with this. Has anyone had a similar issue? Any ideas how to resolve this?

Sounds like problems people are having after the weekend update for iCloud on Windows machines:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-7343

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.