What is the easiest way to view available mainland w/ premium acct options?

Blondie Armendariz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi .. I spent a great deal of time yesterday searching via the web, and thru the destination guide in SL...

I found maybe two choices of land that fit into the catagory I am looking for,  neither of which were exactly what I wanted (which is understandable).

It seems much easier to find land to rent,  or land for sale where you do NOT need a premium acct.

If anyone has any tips for this - please post.

I am hoping to find a parcel sized 1024 that is located in a mostly residential area, and hopefully by the water.  I have a premium acct., which should take care of part of the tier (right?)...  and it looks like it would cost an addL $5.00 a month for that size, but allows more prims.  If I find such a parcel,  I buy the land from seller, and LL automatically charges my acct the addL 5 dollars for tier?

thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

Sounds like you understand it perfectly.  You get 512 for free as part of your premium account, and the additional 512 would cost you $5/month (or upgrade 512 more, for a total of 1536 for $8/month, etc.)

As soon as you purchase the land (and it will tell you EXACTLY how it will affect your billing before you hit the 'buy' button at the end), your account will be flagged as having a total of 1024 (or whatever) max for that billing period.  The extra you pay is whatever that maximum number is...so if you buy 1536, and sell off the 512 you didn't need, you'll still be charged that billing period for the 1536 level ($8).  The following month, when you only had 1024, you'd get charged $5.

Oh, hi again, I answered your other post too :-)  Just noticed that, I'm probably repeating myself some.  Between this post and the other one, I think you should be straight on all this now ;-)

• Like 1

Thank you! ... You explained all the pricing structure perfectly.  :-)  I am sorry too, if I have posted the same kind of question in more than one spot.

I still need help finding available listings for land that can be purchased with a premium acct.    It is very time consuming to go thru the Destination Guide, redo the search each time,  and end up with very few choices.  MOST of the land for purchase has nothing to do with a premium acct.,  and it's difficult to find plots that are  512/1024 in size -- most are much larger OR for rent...  that's easy to find.  LOL

I'll just keep looking if there's not a better way - just thought I might be missing something.

Again, thanks much for your response & help!

I bought a parcel on the mainland not long ago, and I specifically wanted something on one of the historic sims near Governor Linden's mansion. I went to the mansion, then opened the map and checked on Land For Sale (not online atm so not sure exactly what it's called). That showed me all of the parcels available in the area as yellow squares. Then I could teleport around to the ones that were about the right size and have a look at them and see how much they cost.

The same can work for you. Open the map and find a waterway or ocean. Then turn on the Land For Sale and see what's available near that waterway. As an aside, mainland parcels near or on the water tend to be expensive, but they can be well worth it.

In Viewer 1.23, the Land Sales tab in Search works really well for finding rental properties (and mainland, but I like using the map for that). I haven't figured out how to use the Land Sales search in V2 yet, but maybe it works just as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.