Can I use my SL Internet Radio @ my Linden Home?

Blondie Armendariz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was unable to rez / use my SL Internet Radio @ my Linden home last night - it kept telling me "Did not rez,  Please try again"

This was different than the message I got when I tried to rez up my mediation fountain thing... that message was "Can not rez, not allowed",

and I made sure I have prims left ... so...

My only conclusion is,  radios are not compatible with Linden homes????

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

I don't know if radios/media controllers are compatible with the land ownership rights you get with Linden Homes, but this sort of error has nothing to do with that. It may have been just a passing problem with SL, or an inventory problem, or it could possibly be that the object you were trying to rez had too many prims.

Unfortunately the errors you posted don't look like any errors I've seen before, so I'm guessing that you're paraphrasing what they said. Without knowing the exact phrasing of the error message, we really won't be able to provide any further assistance. but since the error said "try again".. perhaps you should do exactly that. If it's the error I'm thinking of, you'll want to wait about an hour, and then try rezzing the item again.

If you continue to get errors, copy the exact error message, and paste it here, and we'll do our best to help you out.

Radios are completely compatible with Linden Homes so long as you do not need to deed the radio to a group. Any object that controls parcel settings for media or audio need to owned by the same person or group that owns the land. Since Linden Homes parcels cannot be deeded to groups any radio on them needs to be owned by you to work. The only radios that will not work are any that REQUIRE they be deeded to a group for others in the group to operate them.

Compatibility is not your problem. Your problem is you either do not have enough prims available to rez the object or it is trying to rez outside of your parcel, or something else is keeping it from rezzing at all.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.