Items non transferrable dont get returned to the one who purchased it when the return to owner option is picked

Tintin Serrari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Have you experienced this?

I have i lost 9000 lindens worth of stuff. The land option to return all items to owner either to your own invertory or two your friend's invetory.. is a cool option. But where was it indicated that non transferrable items dont get returned?? My sister lost 8000 lindens with this option too. Isnt there supposed to be a pop up or a discalimer like.. "dont do this is your items are non transferrable or you loose them." I still have to receive a reply from LL about the support ticket I created complaining about this. 

12 answers to this question

Slow down - they are there.

When you return "All Items" - they will often group together in your lost and found with other items that were nearby. They will look like one object, and they will have the name of one of the object. Find yourself a sandbox or other area that is wide open and doesn't have any of your own belongings there (because sometimes they can be a bit of a distance apart and hard to select to pick back up if you do it in a building or something.)

Then go through the lost and found folder and drag out the items that got returned - then pick them up one at a time instead of in a group.

It'll all be in there (unless you emptied your lost and found already).

Pamela Galli wrote:

There is a warning when you return something that says no-transfer deeded objects will be lost.

Tell, me, how do you deed a no-transfer object, when deeding it to a group is a transfer of ownership? That can't be done.

No-copy deeded objects might have issues that way, though.

In general, the "Return all items on parcel" button is incredibly hazardous, and should never be used.You are almost certain to trash something that way. The most common problem is the house, pool and a couple of trees all get lumped together in a single coalesced object, or in objects that bear no relation to what was part of your house or part of the pool. If you have even one Linden Plant in that mess, you can't rez the coalesced object except on land that allows you to create plants and trees. If you have one no-copy item in that lump, and it fails to rez for any reason, it vanishes forever.

Ceera.Murakami wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

There is a warning when you return something that says no-transfer deeded objects will be lost.

Tell, me, how do you deed a no-transfer object, when deeding it to a group is a transfer of ownership? That can't be done.

In general, the "Return all items on parcel" button is incredibly hazardous, and should never be used.You are almost certain to trash something that way. The most common problem is the house, pool and a couple of trees all get lumped together in a single coalesced object, or in objects that bear no relation to what was part of your house or part of the pool. If you have even one Linden Plant in that mess, you can't rez the coalesced object except on land that allows you to create plants and trees. If you have one no-copy item in that lump, and it fails to rez for any reason, it vanishes forever.

I most definitely agree on this. People loose a lot of stuff with this feature and should be removed. Group deeded items that are transferrable go but the no tansferrable items should not dissapear? Where do we get the stuff back. I havent see then in my lost and found folder. Please LL try to fix this issue!!

Ceera.Murakami wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I have never deeded anything but the warning is there: "*WARNING* No-transfer deeded objects will be deleted!"

I also never check that little box saying not to warn me of things.

Your problem is very common and happens to many of us but it has nothing to do with group ownership at all. If you returned objects on a sim using the return to all option things will get lost because something happens during the process that overwhelms the server (I am not sure what it is maybe some tech savvy person can elaborate). The best thing to do when returning objects on a sim is to do it by sending back a group of objects at a time and not everything all at once.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.