Superhero RP?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys! I'm a woman looking to get into superhero RP in SL, and in RL I'm a huge fan of Marvel and DC- but I also enjoy RPing as original characters. I've done some research on superhero RP groups, but haven't found much beyond the Justice League of SL and some obscure dead ends. Does anyone know of any fairly large and/or growing superhero RP groups I can join? :matte-motes-big-grin: Thanks!

There used to be a large roleplay centered around a major comic book title, but then an accusation began that they were 'taking themselves seriously' and 'protecting the grid from hackers, etc', where the 'etc' was also alleged to be people they had large files of spying data on and presumed were 'up to no good'...

I don't know if any of that was true or false. But they seem to have 'gone underground' since then - and if there is super hero RP in SL since, its not too vocal.

Probably a shame because SL has some good opportunity to 'borrow time' in many venues for roleplay stories of this nature.

Places like Bay City would be perfect for a large scale roleplay to organize its members into heroes and villains and play out stories - on cooperating builds of course.

A recent sim that deals with a mixture of video games and comic book characters has emerged, called New Delta City.

I visited it there and haven't had a chance to retutn to explore the sim.

However, you can visit it and see if it is something that might pique your interest

Unfortunately, many superhero sims I have played-in or visited all suffer from the same issues; about 20 Heroes to one Villian.

This leaves the Good Guys getting to post an action about once every 10 mins as they and their mob pursue the outmatched baddie.

One lesser foible is that in many superhero sims, non-combat RP is hard to find as the general consensus seems to be that its only "RP" when you are suited-up and chasing your lone bad guy :-)  For those of us who have a somewhat broader idea of what RP is, this can be a linmitation.

If you do a search under Marvel RP should should find an older, established group that plays regularly. I am not affiliated with this group currently, so I'm not up on the current state of things.

From what they tell me, the aftermath sims are still a good place to start, though my timezone seems poor for locating people there. Certainly pop by new oa and say hello to the lanterns, or at least explore a bit. While the lantern core isnt a roleplay group, it certainly contains a lot of comic fans.

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 856 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.