Sign in to follow this  
LadyGhost Dreamscape

payout

Question

11 answers to this question

when I go to pay my rent....I click on the persons name...the window comes up....it as several automatic choice...up to 20 lindens...those I can use...but I can not type in my own amount like 165.....nothing happens when I type....

Hello Ella...the pay is not still grayed out....I can not input an amount...that is the problem...my account balance is what I figure it should be...so that is not the problem...I just can not type in the amount I want to ...the typing is not working to do that...it works fine in chat...and in IM...but not there...

Not all objects are scripted to allow the payee to enter an amount. If the script author did it wrong it will only list the amounts on the buttons with no place to enter an amount. I'd suggest contacting the person you are supposed to be paying directly.

LadyGhost Dreamscape wrote:

it did the same for two different people....if they were using a different viewer....would that make a difference...although one is the viewer two from SL....

The viewer they are using would not matter, but your viewer might -- you could download one of the other viewers and see if that makes a difference:

http://viewerdirectory.secondlife.com/

The server version might also matter, not sure on that one - if so, it might be related to the recent server rollout.   If that has not been rolled out everywhere yet, you could find a sim on the older server version and see if that makes a difference.

Just a guess, but... I do this to myself all the time, so I wouldn't be thorough if I didn't ask.

Are you using the number pad and not the numbers above the letters on the keyboard? If you're using the Number Pad - hit the Num Lock button. If that's not hit, it'll act like your arrow keys and not numbers.