Is it possible to delete a forum account and make a new one?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometimes one makes terrible personal mistakes, if those mistakes are with you forever and the forums are not able to help in anyway, that destroys the experience. Would you like an account made on September 11? or any terrible date?

Those sorta things, a wrong capitalization is another horrible mistake on could make.

To see a company tell you no we cant fix that , a simple error but that means sooo much to the user, is soul crushing.

You can find tragic events on just about any date in the calendar, I imagine... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Days_of_the_year

What does that have to do with your "freedoms"?

As for capitalization... You can edit your posts, I suppose, if it's important to you (and I know you know how to)...

Hardly soul-crushing.

Wrong capitalizationin on your username, you know what I meant I am not stupid.

Some dates are worse than others, and like I said it is a personal thing, if a company doesnt respect personality it is a dry, dry place.

Hope your mind opens and it happens to you so you know the pain.

Companies generally are dry, dry places when it comes to respecting the "personalities" of its customers.

Just think: If a company spent its time catering to every customer's every little whim, it wouldn't have much time to do anything else.

P.S. Wrong capitalization in  a username is not likely to cause me much pain. If you are so distressed by such a thing... Well. I don't know what to say.

P.P.S. Your Forum name is taken from your Second Life account name. And no, you can't change that, either. But you probably already knew that, seeing as your account is almost four years old...

Flamedramon wrote:

Sometimes one makes terrible personal mistakes, if those mistakes are with you forever and the forums are not able to help in anyway, that destroys the experience. Would you like an account made on September 11? or any terrible date?

Those sorta things, a wrong capitalization is another horrible mistake on could make.

To see a company tell you no we cant fix that , a simple error but that means sooo much to the user, is soul crushing.

Welcome to the endless memory of the internet, Flamedramon. SL is hardly unique in this regard. None of the forums I visit, professional or otherwise, allow me to bulk erase my posting history or change or merge identities. I've taken care to protect my RL identity by keeping some of my onine personas anonymous, but there's a fairly extensive history of my RL self online going all the way back to Usenet in 1993 (when I was 23). I was aware from the start that my mistakes would probably outlive me, so I tried to make as few as possible.

Unfortunately, there are people born into this new reality that haven't yet fully grasped the implications of a world that never forgets. And the World must come to terms with this. One reason we've generally got along together 'till now is that we forgive and forget, which was largely driven by forgetting. Now that we're losing that "ability", we may need to work harder on the "forgive".

Welcome to the endless memory of the internet, Flamedramon. SL is hardly unique in this regard. None of the forums I visit, professional or otherwise, allow me to bulk erase my posting history or change or merge identities. I've taken care to protect my RL identity by keeping some of my onine personas anonymous, but there's a fairly extensive history of my RL self online going all the way back to Usenet in 1993 (when I was 23). I was aware from the start that my mistakes would probably outlive me, so I tried to make as few as possible.

Unfortunately, there are people born into this new reality that haven't yet fully grasped the implications of a world that never forgets. And the World must come to terms with this. One reason we've generally got along together 'till now is that we forgive and forget, which was largely driven by forgetting. Now that we're losing that "ability", we may need to work harder on the "forgive".

Thanks for understanding. :(

Flamedramon wrote:

My parents got married on Pearl Harbour Day.

Whether that was intentional I don't know.

Never really gave it much thought other than, "Life goes on despite tragedy."

Certainly Sept 11 impacted us.  But isn't the real slavery allowing it to "crush your soul?"

Many people have become slaves to that day.

My parents got married on Pearl Harbour Day.

Whether that was intentional I don't know.

Never really gave it much thought other than, "Life goes on despite tragedy."

Certainly Sept 11 impacted us.  But isn't the real slavery allowing it to "crush your soul?"

Many people have become slaves to that day.

Hmm you are right. You guys are right, I feel much better now, thank you so much.  :matte-motes-smile:

Flamedramon wrote:

So, sould we never allow babies to be born on 9/11 ever again? As griff said, crap happens every day. My uncle was born the day JFK was killed.

Flamedramon wrote:

Or does it make the forums go haywire?

Getting back to the original question and as people have told you, you are unable to bulk erase your forum posts or delete your forum account. You can, if you wish, go in and delete individual posts. If you feel so strongly about not having your posts here, you can go through a delete each and every one of them..thus erasing your existance in the forums.

As for silly things like capitalization of your user name, as you also know (and I'm sure you don't need to be told this) change your display name inworld. Residents tend to look at that more than your user name anyway.

Good luck.

Tex Monday wrote:

Flamedramon wrote:

Or does it make the forums go haywire?

Getting back to the original question and as people have told you, you are unable to bulk erase your forum posts or delete your forum account. You can, if you wish, go in and delete individual posts. If you feel so strongly about not having your posts here, you can go through a delete each and every one of them..thus erasing your existance in the forums.

As for silly things like capitalization of your user name, as you also know (and I'm sure you don't need to be told this) change your display name inworld. Residents tend to look at that more than your user name anyway.

Good luck.

As an FYI, you cannot delete a post that has been replied to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.