How can I set the camera default to be directly behind my avatar?

Tabitha Kaestner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was wondering how can I set my camera in a way so when I'm roleplaying it has the appearance of following my avatar instead of it being above or too far behind. Kind of like what you would see in Grand Theft Auto after zooming in.

Here is an example of what I'm trying to do, but once I hit esc it goes back to the default position:

Snapshot_015.jpg

2 answers to this question

You can change your camera's default with Debug Settings in your Advanced menu (CTRL + D).  Look for CameraOffsetRearView.  You'll find that you can adjust the position of your camera in all three directions (left-right, up-down, and in-out).  Once you do that, close the window and those will be your default settings .... until the next time you update your viewer and have to do it all over again.

• Like 2

Some time ago I wrote an article inspired by Penny Patton on changing camera defaults. I have some pictures to illustrate what the controls do. See: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/07/24/second-life-camera-position-tips/

Also, the settings changes to FocusOffsetRearView and CameraOffsetRearView now last across login sessions. There is an exception to that, if you crash on exit, the settings will not get saved. Your viewer will still have the previous values stored and will use that for your next login.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.