GENTLEMAN SEEKING FEMALE

Nathaneiil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to find a  woman of medieval or fantasy persuasion (does not have to be all the time) for an intimate relationship.

- This will not happen over night but we'll take our time getting to know each other.

- No one UNDER 30 in RL please

- Must be able to emote efficiently. Not paragraphs of texts, but just be able to play out your actions and repsonses in some intelligent and intersting way.  This is important to me.

- No one who expects this to result in partnering or marriage. I've sworn off such things, but can offer you my devotion and loyalty as I'm looking for something very long term.

- Please note that I am NOT looking for a SUB, BDSM, PAIN, ABUSE...that's just not me. I'm a bit old fashioned and prefer more sensual romance. I'll never call you **bleep**, whore, **bleep**..or anything of this nature. I enjoy cherishing the female I am with, not degrading her.

- We can roleplay the circumstances of our meeting if that interests you...instead of just showing up at a coffee shop to talk.  We can be creative as there are many scenarios available to us. I enjoy this on a one to one basis. Not big on rp sims though.

- Lastly, please don't come to me with deception. I'd prefer someone remain silent about certain things than spin lies. No time for games here. Just a sincere guy.

pin_up_fairy_wallpaper_by_ftourini-d4knion.jpg

Hi Nathaneiil:

All of what you said could be said in a few sentences without going into specific detail.

You are looking for having an intimate (essentially sexual) relationship with a woman that will result in no happy ending (sworn off partnership/marriage), but you are calling yourself old fashioned and a romantic.

Any relationship, especially intimate, opens doors to partnerships and marriage.  

Lastly, she cannot be deceiving you and if so, she should keep it to herself than speak lies. Wanting a relationship without the possibility of it going anywhere is essentially "just a f-thing." 

Better to just say you are "looking for a sometime partner for an erotic medieval fantasy relationship with no strings."

I am sorry JKimikoL, but I don't think you are quite fair to Nathaneiil...Who says, that a "happy ending" always is marriage/partnership?

When two people agree of a way to be together in a kind of relationship, and both like it this way, how can others be judges about it?

I hope Nathaneiil will find the right woman, and get a great time with her. I am sure, there are a lot in sl, who wants the same as you :)

I agree with you Muletta. Happiness doesn't have to involve ball and chaining yourself to someone, especially if it could possibly result in crazy drama.

Is it just me or is there an increasing amount of men who just don't want to be in a marriage or partnership anymore?? And I am one of them!

It's not that we desire this freedom from commitment. Its not that we're not good and responsible men. It's not that we don't seek true romance....

It's simply women like JKimikol who deter us! Barking and nitpicking and taking every word out of our mouths and scrutiinizing them. 

I feel your pain Nathaneiil. Been there done that with the wedding chapel.  I wish you luck in finding the woman you want. There are still many wonderful ladies out there. Don't lose hope.

No kidding. Some women wait for you to say one little thing so they can jump down your throat about it.

Sounds like you described the ideal female there nathaneiil. If you find her ask her if she has a sister!  I think I'd been willing to marry one like that.

AngarHawk wrote:

Is it just me or is there an increasing amount of men who just don't want to be in a marriage or partnership anymore?? And I am one of them!

It's not that we desire this freedom from commitment. Its not that we're not good and responsible men. It's not that we don't seek true romance....

Not to add to the nitpicking already present, but that's men and women. I say this only to strengthen your point. :)

A great many people of all types have stopped drinking the true love/cyclical monogamy kool-aid. The information age enables this, as like-minded people can finally identify each other and the historically-common centralised information dispersal no-longer holds power.

I'm not interested in making a bunch of priests and lawyers rich just because I care for someone, and not interested in buying into systems that are obselete and needlessly dependent on mythology and cold war-era puritanism. Don't need commitment and pinkie-swears! I'm by far not the only one, but this is a trend I've seen increasing, too - a good thing. Some of us just want good, happy times.

I'm sure Nathaneiil has the good sense to search for someone with a complimentary disposition to himself. I don't meet the OP's criteria and he doesn't meet mine, but I'm 100% certain there's an agreeable combination out there! And it doesn't have to be with someone who thinks wedding bells are inevitable.

Good luck!

Always nice when someone agrees to one's opinion :)

Nah, I just wanted to point out, that not all women in sl are dreaming of the 25.000 L$ wedding in white...

Some of us, just want to live our second lives as the motto says: "Your world, your imagination" - and our imaginations of how to live in SL are not always the same - so, let us respect when other people live their SL in other ways (as long as we all take care, not to hurt anyone) ... 

OP spoke up very clear and honest about what he wants, and I wish all in here would be as honest as him. It would save a lot of heartaches in the long run - so let us respect that way of enjoying SL too :)

Well said Muletta and same to you Angarhawk. :matte-motes-wink:

You see, many guys I know, me too, are driven to Gor  or to find slaves, subs, pets. We don't start out with these fantasies but the idea of having a lovely and UNCOMPLICATED woman (who won't make us feel like we're in an episode of Judge Judy) to share our time and our bed is very enticing.

Hats off to you Nathaneiil for holding hope for even this kind of relationship. Marriage or not. I've already come to the conclusion that women like you described don't exist. But good luck!

This isn't directed to any male here in particular but more a general observation. OMG how cynical are you fellas? Obviously there have been experiences in your sl life that have led you to believe that all woman once in a marriage, partnership turn into nagging harpies. Has it ever crossed your minds that you keep ending up with the same kind of women? I have only parnered once and although he cant back this up as he died a while ago, I never nagged, ragged, chased, questioned him at any time because I was secure in what we had..and the former tends to come if the woman is insecure in the relationship or thinks you're going to cheat on her the minute she logs off, or you are cheating if you don't answer her within 30 seconds of her IM'ing. And for those men, I do feel sorry for you, cos it's a real **bleep** when that all happens -

But take a look at it from a woman's point of view too and the problems we have. Countless hours of dancing, lovey dovey talk, promises of how good we'll be together and then she says 'not gonna have sex with you btw' and poof off he goes and so the story continues. We also have to put up with men nagging, controlling, clinging, checking up on. Yep men can be as bad as women in those areas.

As for men turning to Gor for non-hassle relationships..are you serious? I was in Gor for a while and saw nothing but hassle, slaves wearing their Master's trousers, bitching if a new girl joins, ultimatums to her Master if he doesn't get rid of her etc..slave girls are renowned for their petty jealousies and drama.

What is seriously lacking in relationships in SL, to me anyway, is honesty. As long as you have stated right from the beginning what you want, expect from it so that the partner understands and can make an informed decision on whether to get involved with you then no-one can ask any more from you and if problems arise at least you can tell them they knew the way it was to be, get over it or get out. Cold but honest. And god honesty is lacking in this place.

JKimikoL wrote:

Hi Nathaneiil:

All of what you said could be said in a few sentences without going into specific detail.

You are looking for having an intimate (essentially sexual) relationship with a woman that will result in no happy ending (sworn off partnership/marriage), but you are calling yourself old fashioned and a romantic.

Any relationship, especially intimate, opens doors to partnerships and marriage.  

Lastly, she cannot be deceiving you and if so, she should keep it to herself than speak lies. Wanting a relationship without the possibility of it going anywhere is essentially "just a f-thing." 

Better to just say you are "looking for a sometime partner for an erotic medieval fantasy relationship with no strings."

I could not disagree with you more.

Not all women want partnership/marriage SL style.  I am one of them.  Yet I do have someone and we've been together for years now. Neither of us feels we need a name in our partner boxes or a wedding.  We've committed to each other and that's all we need.  Our relationship is between equals that trust, respect and support each other as best friends and lovers.

It insulting that because our names aren't in some silly box on our profiles, you want to label it "just a f-thing".

carolinestravels wrote:

is it really necessary to discuss someone elses choices and preferences? 

Yes. That's kind of the point of this service. If the OP had wanted to place a 'Want Ad', bulletin board, blog or dating website profile he had those options - he chose to come to a forum instead. Forums are - and have always been - places of discussion.

As fellow humans we all share some common ground, and our frames of reference have value in discussion.  In addition, replies to this thread 'bump' the opening post's request to the top of the forum list - therefore an incentive for the OP to encourage discussion, for otherwise this request will sink and eventually disappear from view. These are entirely practical reasons (that's how forums work), but they infer a large bonus on the OP's request.

Discussion = Better value, more interest. As a blog proprietor, I am sure you know this.

Hope that helps you understand. Not all of us come here to suck the traffic/visibility - some of us cultivate that traffic and provide that visibility. Not judging, just admitting that it's a two-way deal - without discussion, why would people hang around here? ;)

I'm not sure of the definition, but maybe it isn't cynicism if it's true! Jazleen, you and I are in a very small boat; in eight years, partnered only once for 2 1/2 years, remained on my profile as partner for 3. We split up because we agreed from the beginning if/when one of us found someone RL, the romantic side of our relationship would have to end. He met someone first. There was no big display of hurt and drama when we had to alter things. We still love each other dearly, he is a friend of my heart and one of the people who understands me best in both worlds.

Over a year later, i'm now involved in the beginning of a new relationship, where it will lead, how long it will last....I don't know. But I have no intention of doing the wedding thing again. The one time was enough, it was beautiful, stressful and awesome and a wonderful experience (sue me, I'm a girl)...once.

Jaz, we are in the minority, both of us know women who are chasing fairytale weddings and living the life in Barbie's dream house.....over and over again. SL is a unique experience which can allow us to live our own rom com if we want, with very little of the reality of the guy as a person intruding...for a while. Then there's a dramatic soap operatic break up. Rinse. Repeat. When added to the cultural currency floating about which makes all things male 'bad' or 'silly/stupid'.  SL, our life, our imagination is Girl World. And these days Girl World isn't always a pleasant place for Men or Women.

Musetta Fieschi wrote:

I'm not sure of the definition, but maybe it isn't cynicism if it's true! Jazleen, you and I are in a very small boat; in eight years, partnered only once for 2 1/2 years, remained on my profile as partner for 3. We split up because we agreed from the beginning if/when one of us found someone RL, the romantic side of our relationship would have to end. He met someone first. There was no big display of hurt and drama when we had to alter things. We still love each other dearly, he is a friend of my heart and one of the people who understands me best in both worlds.

Over a year later, i'm now involved in the beginning of a new relationship, where it will lead, how long it will last....I don't know. But I have no intention of doing the wedding thing again. The one time was enough, it was beautiful, stressful and awesome and a wonderful experience (sue me, I'm a girl)...once.

Jaz, we are in the minority, both of us know women who are chasing fairytale weddings and living the life in Barbie's dream house.....over and over again. SL is a unique experience which can allow us to live our own rom com if we want, with very little of the reality of the guy as a person intruding...for a while. Then there's a dramatic soap operatic break up. Rinse. Repeat. When added to the cultural currency floating about which makes all things male 'bad' or 'silly/stupid'.  SL, our life, our imagination is Girl World. And these days Girl World isn't always a pleasant place for Men or Women.

Put me in that category also, Musetta. I have been in one relationship for 5 years now with the same man, his name is in my partner box and we did the wedding thing 2 years ago, but we trust each other, there is never any drama and the things we have been through would cause most people to go insane, but because we have that trust and communication we know we can get though anything that anyone throws at us. It is possible to have a committed relationship in SL but it takes a hellava lot of work and sadly not everyone wants to put in that kind of work...in either world.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

without
discussion
, why would people hang around here?
;)

Well, since you asked. I'm really here for agreement, not discussion. I pretend to be even tempered, but if you watch me carefully, you'll see that I wear down my opponents with civility until they agree or walk away.

I am the Warrior Princess of Attrition.

Rawr!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The relationship I keep the fondest memories of, had not partnership/marriage involved. Though a partnership request is for me a nice surprise, something like a simbolic present, (But a wedding with all the  fuss it does entail is a big NO-NO for me) I could be equally happy with someone if we never partnered. We just didn't need it. And though eventually our relationship came to an end, cheating never happened. Neither by his side, nor by mine. We both had a monogamous, trust-based, loyal relationship, and, in any case, partnership or wedding  don't always mean being faithful to your significant other. It applies both for RL and for SL relationships. Almost everybody knows of plenty of cases that support my statement

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.