Setting landing point for club in the sky?

Cherry Appletor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

To elaborate a bit on what Phoebe said...

Stand where you want the landing point to be, right click the ground, select About Land and go to the Options tab. Now where it says Landing Point click the set button and your landing point is set to that position.  At this point you can set the Teleport Routing as well... from the Teleport Routing drop down box you can select Landing point or Anywhere, you can set it so people to be able to TP in only at your set landing point or anywhere on your parcel. 

• Like 1

If I remember correctly events (and maybe classified? I forget) are still broken. Back in the olden days, around 768 meters was as high as you could go. They lifted that limit almost 2 years ago - and then we spent almost a year being unable to use SLURLS and various other things that pointed to spots above that old ceiling height - they finally fixed that - but I think events might still be broken.

Yep. I found the JIRA on it:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-814

If that club is the only public attaction on your land... What you can do to get around this annoyance is turn on that "Teleport Point" thing in the dropdown that you found earlier. This will make any LM or any SLURL redirect the people to that landing point that you set. (This won't work for you - you, as the land owner, will still be able to set any location and go right to it - but everyone else will be refirected). Thus, you can set your event location to a point on the ground, but the people will end up in the right spot because of your forcing their tp to that entry spot you set.

TIP: Have a friend come by to test it before you post the event. Go down to the ground and create an LM at (about) the spot you want to set the event for. Have them go to another sim, give them the LM and use it - if they end up in the club, you did it right. If not - check the settings again and try again. They WILL need to be on another sim to get an accurate test or else they will get a "Can't TP closer..

The downside with this, of course, is if you want people to be able to TP in to the ground level. I personally HATE HATE HATE forced TP locations - if I make an LM, I want to LM to take me to the place I made it, not some place else - but in this case, it's really your only choice unless you want to move your whole club. And - since that JIRA was made almost 2 years ago (it's having it's second anniversary in three weeks - yay!) I wouldn't expect them to fix this any time soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.