Ultralight helicopter

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Well, Search is no use and I went through all the XStreet listings without finding this, so I'll ask here.

I'm looking for a little one-person ultralight helicopter.  I know they're out there, because my partner has one and I've seen another (a different model, I think) at a little SL airport I visited long ago.

Has anyone got any leads?

11 answers to this question

Just noticed this. If you mean the ultralight (sort of like a go-cart glider) then go to Cubey Terra's Aerodrome. He makes one and it's totally COOL (but everything he makes is totally cool). If you mean something else he probably has that too.

All of my favorite vehicles are from his store, one of the oldest in Second Life®.  While you are there pick up one of the inexpensive "Segway" type personal people movers. You can cruise along the ground at run speed, or go into fly mode and zip across a region in two seconds flat. Handy!

Picture of me using the people-mover for exploring: http://www.flickr.com/photos/caliburnsusanto/4156668813/

Cubey has an *ultralight*, but it's an airplane, not a helicopter.  Unless I missed something.

(By the way, I share your enthusiasm for Cubey's vehicles.  I have a parachute, hot air balloon, two seat amphibious copter, and convertible sub/boat/seaplane from Abbott's Aerodrome).

Just logged back in to add "Abbott's" to Aerodrome and see you've already answered.  Okay, I was focused on ultralight not helicopter, erringly.

Can you describe it? I MAY have one, or a capture of one, I have so many in inventory. I have a little one-person copter that I got in Caledon quite a while back.  This particular one is no longer available ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/cals_sl_inventory/4965381323/ ) but for illustration purposes, is this what you mean? Or something that attaches to your back that has a copter blade?

(This feels like a scavenger hunt, suddenly.)

• Like 1

Cal and Nyll both suggested leads to things that are VERY close to what I'm looking for...especially Nyll's.

I suspect Real Flight is going to have what I want though, so it's Sal for the win.

Thanks, everyone.

(honorable mention for the backpack heli suggestion, too.  Not what I had in mind, but it's still cool.  And it's given me the idea for one of my own.  Ha!  The building bug strikes again!)

Yay! Success. I forgot about that vendor; I have two of his helicopters, the MD500's both regular and amphibious. Among my favorites when I want to take a passenger touring. Love the smooth flight and the realistic sound.

Anyway I stopped by the store and got an LC150 Autogyro. Very realistic flight -- and just like a real gyrocopter it can't crash (unless you nose dive) even if it loses power.  You just drift down slowly. Cool!

Just what I needed, ANOTHER helicopter. (think I have eight or so)

Caliburn.Susanto wrote:

Anyway I stopped by the store and got an LC150 Autogyro. Very realistic flight -- and just like a real gyrocopter it can't crash (unless you nose dive) even if it loses power.  You just drift down slowly. Cool!

Just what I needed, ANOTHER helicopter. (think I have eight or so)

Well an Autogyro isnt a Helicopter, the main rotor is unpowered, it needs forward motion and cant hover (so its more of an ultralight plane with a rotating main wing)... but i agree, the LC150 is a sweet little machine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.