I HAVE A QUESTION PERTAINING TO BUYING LAND.

Hotrod Solo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am looking into buying a sim or island.  I need at least 13,200sqm with at least 4218 prims.Right now my partner own 3 different parcels adding upi to that. The 4096sqm and 2048sqm support our club and a couple of rentals. The 7056 is where our personal residence is located. We would like to rent/lease a piece of land where we can move everything to. I have been trying to determine if there were any advantages/disadvantages to buying mainland. Any advice and or info on the subject would be greatly appreciated

3 answers to this question

Also, you need to be a Premium resident to buy mainland. There's no covenant in mainland, this has its advantages such as nobody telling you what you can or can't do with your land, however any neighbors you may have also can do as they wish. If you plan to offer any type of adult activity in your business, you will have to buy your land in the Adult continent.

• Like 1

To get 4218 prims, you need 18459m of land -- assuming my math is correct.  The 16184 tier level + the free 512m that comes with a premium account + 1689 for the 10% bonus that a group gets, would allow you 18585m of land, which is enough to cover your prim desire - that amount of land would actually give you 4246 prims.

So check on the tier cost for the 16184 tier level and add in the cost of premium membership (cheapest is to pay yearly) and then subtract out roughly $57, which is the US $ equiv. of the L$300 weekly stipend.  That will give you the cost of mainland, not counting the actual 'buy the land' cost.  Compare that against what renting on a private island will cost you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.