what up with the new upgreade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

No, they aren't.  Saying "I think he should check the Third Party Viewer Directory before upgrading his graphics card" because he specifically asked if there was a way he could reduce his lag without upgrading his computer, and without even specifying a specific third party viewer, does not amount to an "ad board" for third party viewers.

It's like getting asked the question "Hey, I'm using a minivan and I'm having a lot of trouble hauling a lot of mulch" and responding "Have you considered using a pickup truck?"

Honestly, Suspiria, I usually skip reading your posts in viewer threads.  You like the Viewer 2 UI?  OK, good for you, but that is an aesthetic preference, like electronic music vs country music.  But then you run around being paranoid the moment someone even suggests someone having lag trouble even look at other viewers.  Right after you suggest they do specifically what they asked to circumvent having to do.

"Look through Hubble instead of a straw."  Really?

Do you know what a preprocessor is?  Do you know what includes are in programming?  Do you know that LSL doesn't natively have includes, preprocessing, or constants?

You know what's like looking through a straw?  Using a viewer that doesn't have the necessary features to do advanced content creation for the platform you make spending money from at a fast speed.

You know what's like looking through Hubble?  Getting features in a constrained and limited programming language that cut your maintenance time on a non-trivial codebase somewhere between 25-50%.  Getting features that allow you to cut your scripts' memory usage noticeably in a memory-limited environment.

I'm sick of your Anti-TPV schtick.  You don't like TPVs?  Fine.  But don't pretend like your client of choice is the best one for everyone, because it just plain is not.  The OP has a right to make up his own mind, and who's to say he even knew TPVs existed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.