Being logged off a sim involuntarily, a question

Steve Mahfouz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Steve Mahfouz wrote:

I've always wondered how the servers determine who to logoff involuntarily. Is it just a random algorithm ? My connection is almost always very good. Thanks in advance.

Steve

What's the error Message you get?

You don't get logged off for no reason.

"Almost always" is not the same as "Always" and if mangled data is detected the system will log you out.

When it happens, I don't get an error message, just the standard Quit or View IMs and Local message (rough paraphrase). I said "almost always", because 99.5% of the time (roughly) my connection is excellent, so the answer must be the remaining 0.5% of the time when my data connection gets mangled.

yes. is always that the connection to the server is not functioning well when this happens

sometimes is your ISP / DNS server. Sometimes is that the packets getting routed thru Antartica or Mars (seems like) (: bc the pipes your data normally goes is blocked for some reason. Sometimes is happening at the LL end. Like their pipes and gateways a bit blocked up as well

can turn on menu: Develop \ Consoles \ Debug Console (and Develop \ Set Logging Level) to see whats happening when is problems 

You may have a good Internet connection, but that does not mean you have a good connection to the SL servers or that your equipement or the equipment your connection is running through can handle the connection. 

The Lindens are working to make the connection needed much less demanding. But, old equipement between you and the SL servers can be a problem. While it is fine for web browsing, email, and file transfers the interactive connection that SL needs often creates connection problems.

Read through: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.