A Viewer that let's me Customize my Controls?

TearsFromtheMoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone!

I don't normally enjoy getting on the forums but this was something I needed to ask and didn't know where else to go to do so.

Is there a Viewer that allows for greater freedom when it comes to customizing your controls in SL other than what our standard options are?

My partner is having trouble getting into SL because of the controls. He largely plays MMORPGs and stuff so it's very frustrating for him and for me trying to teach him when he won't listen. He also seems pretty unwilling to try and even -learn- the controls as is.

I use Phoenix-Firestorm and that's what I have him on right now as well. If you know of another viewer that allows for greater control customization, I'd greatly appreciate the information. Thank you.

2 answers to this question

They are all pretty much the same when it comes to controlling the avatar.

There are things we can change and methods we can learn. The full set of things we can change is in the Debug Settings. Some key behaviors are in Preferences.

The methods of controling the avatar are pretty standard... WASD or Arrow keys. Then there is what I call mixed mode Mouse Steering. Right-click and hold on the avatar, press W, move the mouse to steer. In prefences you set the avatar to walk to where you Click or Double Click. That clicking can be changed to teleport where you click or double click.

There is also the SpaceNavigator controller, LEAP Motion, and soon the HMD (Oculus Rift) controllers.

Any person that is stuborn and wants things-THEIR-WAY-or-bye is likely to be unhappy in SL... or in life for that matter. Good luck changing his mind.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.