Sign in to follow this  
Leah Stoneshield

Av Reverting to Noob

Question

"When I log on, my avatar has been revereted to noob form."

Seeing what "reverted to noob" looks like would be interesting.  Try this...

When inworld hit your Advanced tab (Ctrl Alt D to make it show), look for Debug Settings, click the arrow on the list and find Render Unloaded Avatar, set it to True

Fingers crossed...

4 answers to this question

"When I log on, my avatar has been revereted to noob form."

Seeing what "reverted to noob" looks like would be interesting.  Try this...

When inworld hit your Advanced tab (Ctrl Alt D to make it show), look for Debug Settings, click the arrow on the list and find Render Unloaded Avatar, set it to True

Fingers crossed...

Was the account recently reactivated after a long time of being closed? If so, there is a situation that happens sometimes where they reactivate an account and it somehow gets assigned to two different inventory servers at the same time. The effect is that every time you log in you see yourself as a default avatar, you only have the default inventory, and even if you buy new stuff the next time you log in it is gone and you are back to newbie avatar again. It can be fixed, but the Lindens have to do it. You need to contact support and if that's the case they can 'merge' the two inventories and everything should be there.

I think you're "ruthed"....You'll most likely need to do a character test. To do this, hit ctrl-alt-D to get the advanced menu at the top of your screen. If you're on viewer 2 go inside the Advanced menu then open the Develop Menu (bottom of the dropdown) then to Avatar > Character Test > test (male/female) This will complete the clothing download.

If you're on on of the other viewers, go to Advanced > Character > Character Test > Test (Male/Female)

Once you have done this and can change clothing, you'll be able to rebuild your avatar.

Thanks for the help all!  Not too long after I posted I did a character test and it helped for my clothing to download.. I just had to put my av back together and haven't had problems since.  Thanks for all the help everyone!