how do I stop automatic renewal?

Alter Maverick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

You don't.  According to the TOS that we agree to when signing up for a SL account (Sect 4.3),"Upon your acceptance of these terms and submission of your order, you hereby agree that we have the right to automatically charge your credit card or debit your account (or other payment method) for the applicable fees or charges, plus any applicable taxes that we are required to collect, and you authorize us to do so. Thereafter, if you have purchased or redeemed a subscription-based product or service, each time your subscription comes up for renewal, we have the right to charge your credit card or debit your account the then-current renewal rate plus any applicable taxes we are required to collect, and you authorize us to do so. "

Your only (clumsy) choice is to cancel your Premium membership shortly after signing up for it.  Since membership is prepaid, the cancellation will not be effective until the end of the period that you paid for, and you will remain a Premium member until then, with all of the benefits.  Then you'd have to remember to contact the billing office before the end of the billing period and say, "Ooops!  I changed my mind."  You'd run the risk of being charged a $9.95 fee to reinstate your account if you did it too late.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.