SL won't let me log in.

Fabhar Riddler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been trying for hours to log back into SL after getting logged off. I had been teleporting to multiple Landmarks in search of a specific one, as I couldn't remember the name. Eventually, (I think it was during a teleport) I got forcefully logged off. When I tried to log back in, it always gave me one of these two messages every time I tried:

Login failed. The system is logging you out right now. Your account will not be available until 'insert time here'(Changed every time I tried).

or

Login failed. Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong. Please check status.secondlifegrid.net  to see if there is a known problem with the service. If you continue to experience problems, please check your network and firewall setup.

Every time I tried it would show one of these two messages. It started around 2 PM, and it is 11:03 PM now. At one point I managed to get on for a few seconds, but when I tried teleporting I got kicked off again, and haven't been able to get on since. I sent a ticket, but from what I've seen, I doubt it will be answered any time soon. Has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone know a solution? I checked my network connection, along with my Firewall. Everything appears to be fine. I even tried temporarily turning my Firewall off, and it didn't help. I scanned my computer for viruses, and there was nothing there, either. I don't know if I still appear online or not, as I don't have any alts, and have been experiencing problems with the SL website (Constantly, there have been Problems Loading Pages.) Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I tried using Emerald, and the problem still persisted.

8 answers to this question

I just checked by searching your name....you are shown as logged in.  That means you are "ghosted".  The LL servers are showing you as logged on but you are not.  That normally happens when your viewer crashed or your connection to the servers stops of some reason.  The solution is to contact who ever is the owner of the sim you are ghosted on and request a sim restart.

If on mainland submit a support ticket stating where you are ghosted and that you want the sim restarted.  If you are premium you can use Live Chat to get a quicker response.  If you are ghosted on a private or Estate sim you need to contact the sim owner or manager with estate rights to request a sim restart.

Or, you can wait it out.........but sometimes that can be  days.

Well, at least I know the problem now. I'm not even quite sure where I am, let alone who owns the place. :/ I suppose my only option will be to wait it out. I think it may have been in FurNation Hell, or something like that. I know it was some sort of shop area at least, in the upper left of the square I was on. Sadly, I am not premium. >.< This is just great. *Sighs* Oh well. Thanks for your help, anyways. ^^

I understand.  In the future it would be wise to create an alt and on the main accout choose your alt as a friend and allow the alt to see your location (known as "track" you).  Then when you suspect you are ghosted you can log your alt on and see where you are and get the request to restart the sim going.

Sorry for such little useful information on this particular problem........but for future it might be helpful.

Maybe Marigold Devin will see this thread ........she has some magic I'm not aware of for locating and helping ghosted avis.

• Like 1

There is something that has worked for others in the past.  People have shown that a ghosted avatar will actually appear to go offline for a minute every 14 minutes.  If you can log in during that minute, you can usually clear the ghost.

So try this.  Get a watch or clock.  Try to log in.  If it doesn't work, wait 60 seconds and try again.  Keep trying every 60 seconds until you get logged in.  Worse case, it should take you 14 minutes to finally get logged in.  Once you get logged in, log out and that should clear the problem.  Then you should be able to log in again.

Worth a try.  Better than waiting for a support ticket to be answered. ;-)

--Cinn

• Like 1

Hi Peggy...

Well i Have the same problem of logging in .but i know which place i was logged out or crashed out.. I was crashed out At PADI Scuba and Surf land,

But I dont know how to contact owner of the sim to restart it ... Can you or anyone help me regarding this ?

PS, I dont have alt ava..

I have requested a FEATURE addition to our accounts, here on the MAIN SL site. 

After logging in here (authenticating ourselves, as we do to comment), we would have a 'BUTTON', that allows us to log ourselves out of SL if we get 'stuck'. 

Then we do not have to wait for a sim owner, or customer service, and often times lose days without being able to log back in.  Go to:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6602

...to vote, to have this feature implemented soon!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.