rolling restarts - which grid am I?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There's only one main Grid - Agni. You are on this grid.

There's also the backup/test Grid - Aditi.

Regions can belong to Release Candidate channels - these are forks of the server code travelling on Agni. That's probably what you mean?

You can find this information most quickly by checking Help > About, and look at the top 2 lines of output.

5 answers to this question

There's only one main Grid - Agni. You are on this grid.

There's also the backup/test Grid - Aditi.

Regions can belong to Release Candidate channels - these are forks of the server code travelling on Agni. That's probably what you mean?

You can find this information most quickly by checking Help > About, and look at the top 2 lines of output.

While you are in the region, open Help >>> About Second Life and look at the block of information that describes the server.  If it says something like "Second Life RC Magnum 14.08.22.293247", then you'll know you are on a sim running Magnum server software.  Same with Le Tigre or Blue Steel.  If it just says "Second Life Server 14.08.22.293247", you are not on a RC sim.

Thank you for that. I was looking at http://status.secondlifegrid.net/ trying to figure out when my regions will be going off and if there is a way to predict when it happens. Under Help it just says "Second Life Server 14.08.22.293247" so I guess what I was asking wouldn't answer my root question anyway. Any idea how to find this information out?

If you look on the right side in the Grid Status Blog, you'll see a schedule for planned maintenance periods. The upcoming ones in the near future say Wednesday, September 10

7:00am

Magnum Roll

8:30am

BlueSteel Roll

9:30am

LeTigre Roll

Tuesday, September 16

3:00am

Second Life Server Deploy

So next Tuesday, starting at 3 a.m. SLT and until they are finished. That's pretty normal.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.