How do I remove furniture from my house?

Sarasvati Windstorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Sarasvati Windstorm wrote:

I have recently bought new furniture and want to remove the stuff I have in my house so I can replace it. How do I remove it and return it to my inventory to make room for the new furniture?

Right click on a piece of furniture and choose Take.   That will pull the object out of world and back into your inventory.

--Cinn

Sarasvati Windstorm wrote:

Thank you Cinnamon and others who replied. it was easy once I followed your instruction! NOW i'm having a problem with placing the new furniture where I want it! I can't seem to click and drag it to the places I want it to go!

Aha!  Here's a short course on how to do that.

1.  Rez an object (let's say a couch).

2.  Right click the object, select Edit.  You'll see three colored, intersecting arrows appear on the object, and a new window on your screen with lots of options.

3.  Put your mouse cursor on the head or tail of one of the arrows and drag it to move the object.

4.  Hold down the CTRL key.  The arrows change to three colored, intersecting circles.  These are rotation handles. 

5.  Put your mouse cursor on one of the rings and drag it to rotate the object.

6.  For precise positioning, especially rotations, you can enter values in boxes in the Edit window.

7.  (optional).  For some things, you'll want to re-size them.  Hold down the CTRL and ALT keys simultaneously.  You will see a bounding box with white handles at the corners.  These are re-sizing handles.  Drag them to scale the object.  For single prims, you'll see colored boxes on each face of the bounding box.  These let you re-size the prim in one dimension at a time.

For much more information on how to manipulate prims and objects, go take the tutorials at The Ivory Tower Library of Primitives. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.