Does "Allow Public Access" at the Region Level ever UNTICK itself randomly?

Yasyn Azemus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

EDIT Sept 9, 2014: Hi, thank you for your reply, but I do not think my account qualifies for the Concierge Support. I am just the estate manager, but I do not own the SIM, it is through my SIM owner (and unfortunately he does not come online very often). I have thought about sending a ticket under the "Land & Region" category, but there doesn't seem to be a suitable sub-category for me to choose from if I were to do that. I am not sure which part of support I should turn to in that case?

Hello folks.

I own a small place in SL that is supposed to be open to the public at all times. It is a cafe and a small shop. I am an estate manager at the same time, but the SIM itself I am renting from somebody else and it is only the two of us who are managers at the region level. 

Twice now, there have been times where I find out from a patron of my cafe tell me that they cannot access the region. Both times the cause is that the "Allow Public Access" at the REGION LEVEL has been UNTICKED. The first time this happened, I asked the land owner if maybe he intentionally did it (and just hasn't told me yet) or did he accidentally do it? He told me he had no idea and never did anything like that. It is weird because you actually have to click the button "Apply" in order for changes to take effect.

Today it has happened the second time. I have not asked my land owner if he did it, but is there any chance that when regions under go restarts or SOMETHING during maintenance (I have no idea), does the region become no longer "Allow Public Access" from a mishap??

This is frustrating, though it's only happened twice now and I can technically "fix" it, but I am afraid there may be times I am gone for a long period and the region becomes closed and then I don't hear about it until much later. I do not know if this is part of a larger issue. Has anyone else experienced the same?

Thanks for your help.

1 answer to this question

"Allow Public Access" is the default setting, so I would expect that if it ever did reset itself, you would find everyone able to get to the region.  Restarting a region should not change any region settings.  If this ever happens again, I suggest documenting it with specific times and dates and then filing a support case with the Concierge Service. They should be able to search the server logs with that information to determine exactly what caused the change.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.