Sit animation on startup

sibosop Dionysus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Noobian here.

Somewhere in the past I got on a gondola (particle lab?). Ever since then, when I first login and sit

somewhere, the I find myself paddling even though I've loaded other sit animations. Resetting the

sit animation to what I want on my hud (mdhu) fixes the problem until I logout/login.

I'm assuming this behavior is cached somewhere (mac user here), but don't know what file to delete/edit etc.

It's an annoyance.

thanks

3 answers to this question

I would suggest you clear your cache. If using Viewer 2 it's Me > Preferences > Setup > click Reset Button. Close SL then reopen and log in. Wait until your inventory loads. You can speed this up by clicking the Inventory Recent tab.

If you are using viewer 1.23, then clear cache is under Edit > Preferences > Network > click Clear Cache Button. However, for your problem, I recommend you do a full manual clearance with this viewer.

Clearing the Cache from Outside Second Life

If you're sure of what you're doing, you can also clear your cache manually. With Second Life closed, go to the appropriate pathway and delete all the files inside the "cache" folder. Get more help on where to find these.

• Mac - /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/SecondLife

Nyll

1.  Try World/Stop Animating my Avatar (in 1.23, it's somewhere else in Viewer 2).  If no good, then

2.   Edit/Preferences/Network.  Click the Clear Cache button, log out, then log in again.  If no good, then

3.  Find a "Stop All Animations" object.  You can get them for free on XStreet.  You will also find one, a twisty gray cone-shaped object, near the arrival point at Caledon Oxbridge University.  Touch (left click) the Stop Animations object.

In the future, try to remember to stand up and/or stop dancing before you teleport somewhere else.  This way you won't be separating a running animation from its scripted originating object, leaving it an orphan, and you a mess.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.