Mesh Project Basic Body glitch?

Peaches Paquot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I just upgraded to the Mesh Project's Basic Body today, and as I was messing around with the alpha HUD, this happened when I clicked the reset button. I've tried on different skin tones, different settings, I've taken it off and put it back on again, relogged, etc. to see if it would go away but it hasn't. I'm also having a very strange issue with the breasts where they won't change skin tone or style (for instance, if I try to put on the default bra and panties that come with it, only the back of the bra shows, or if I put on a darker or lighter skin tone the breasts are stuck on tone 10)

Has anyone else had this same problem or have any suggestions on what else to try? I'm probably going to try contacting the... whoever it tells me to talk to when I go back, but anyway, this is kind of irritating.

I even had it redelivered and it does this in this exact spot every time you alpha out those spots or change the cleavage settings on the breasts.

meshbody glitch_001.jpg

Mine did the same thing the very first time I messed around with it. I have no answers, I combed through their help site and didn't find anything, but there was something about a white line on their mesh head so I tried the fixes for that, didn't work. I sent a nc to the help account over a week ago asking for help or a fix and showing and explaining the issue, and still haven't heard anything back -_-  I feel like I threw 5k lindens away, and am not at all happy with that place :matte-motes-mad:

edited to add that mine was the delux version, and to fix a spelling thing 

Okay this is super weird but I had it redelivered one more time and it's not doing it this time.

Although I haven't messed with the cleavage options on this one. Maybe that's what's causing the issue?

Edit: That's actually probably it, that's the only thing I can think of that I've done differently. The default underwear goes on fine, the skin tone changes fine, and no weird bandaid grid texture on the stomach. Cleavage is, as usual, the cause of the problem.

Glad that it solved itself. I have the deluxe body too, and I had it show up briefly. I can't remember what I did. Something with the alpha HUD maybe, I was toggling off  all alphas and then set them on again. I have had problems with tattoos not displaying properly, but "blotchy". That solved itself. SL is weird sometimes, and the more complicated the avatars get, the more vulnerable to glitches?

they don't have the best customer service, and when they don't answer it is cause they probably have no idea what causes it.

I asked why the style mode once it is full, we can't take things out and they do not know or they wouldn't bother update it with something so simple as to delete things out of the hud, whatever

It's the no answer customer service that's ruining the place for me. I haven't bothered going to get a redelivery because I'm so disgusted by being ignored lol. In my mind someone that asks 5000L for something should at least have the decency to give a quick "oh sorry bout that" even if they don't have an answer. 

I have that too with the deluxe body, messaged LiveHelp Resident (just send offline, no NC) and told me to make sure I had something turned on in graphics and to clear the cache lol. 

Anyway it happens more often and I take off applied clothing then change the skin tone and the options to show nipples or one of those things in the hud. Turn it on and off or change few styles and the body goes back to normal. 

Hi everyone, my meshproject safari so far depicts a whole white body....

And the 'StyleMode' hud is invisible on my screen? I can't see it basically, I know it's there ( Ctrl+Alt+T) but cannot for the life of me see it to make the necessary changes. It's all very frustrating and I wondered if there are blogs for the Mesh Project Body?

Their FAQ doesn't seem to have much in the way of Starting Up.

Thanks in Advance :womanfrustrated:

Not any glitch as such but I can't help but think after I've worn the TMP body, it looks strikingly similar to my old shape etc..I can't detach my old shape? Is there a way one does this?..... When I right click the old Shape/Skin etc in 'Worn Items' to remove there is no tab visible to do so. 

My friend has the same problem with her regular body showing through the mesh one. The problem probably is not wearing the correct alpha layer for the mesh body. When you put on a regular mesh outfit on, or even shoes, you may be removing the alpha layer for your mesh body. Search in your inventory for "body/hands/feet" and you'll find the alpha you need. Add it. This will hide your regular body.

I have the Basic body & had the same thing happen to me after messing with the cleavage options. I had no problem before this, so I think the glitch must be tired to the cleavage adjustment. This is definitely a bug they need to know about to try to fix it.

* Note: Going into the cleavage adjustment option & hitting Unstyle fixed the bug for me. *

• 3 weeks later...

I had this happen to my body the other day as well. After fiddling around in the style settings for a while, what I figured out was that it was the tattoo layer not applying properly, and leaving part of the skin at the default white. If you go into styles, then the tattoo layer and "unstyle" it, it fixes the problem. Kind of sucks if you want to wear tattoos, or cleavage-enhancing skin tones to your boobs, but if you're okay without using the tatoo layer for that it fixes the problem. At least as a work-around for the time being.

• 1 month later...

wow. maybe you guys should read the notecards included with the products, they're included for a reason... not to just take up space. when you add more than two alpha layers you must make one layer 1bit. and by default the second tattoo layer and clothing layer is set to 1bit. so when you go to stylemode and select cleavages twice you are seeing the second layer as 1bit. there customer service is good, its not great but its better than many stores. peoples IMs always get capped so if you don't leave notecards you cannot expect a response, its just how sl is. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Persephone Emerald wrote:

I have the Basic body & had the same thing happen to me after messing with the cleavage options. I had no problem before this, so I think the glitch must be tired to the cleavage adjustment. This is definitely a bug they need to know about to try to fix it.

* Note: Going into the cleavage adjustment option & hitting Unstyle fixed the bug for me. *

Confirmed, my wife has had this glitch happen on a few occasions, and this method works flawlessly everytime.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.