Graphic card closing SL -pls help!

Rosele Maroon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My graphic card restarts herself stopping SL or the movmens are stacked and slow .I have everything on minimum

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz (1599.99 MHz) Memory: 4086 MB OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601) Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 260M/PCIe/SSE2 Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.2723 OpenGL Version: 3.3.0 libcurl Version: libcurl/7.37.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1h zlib/1.2.8 J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0 Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.31 Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded) Voice Server Version: Not Connected Built with MSVC version 1600 Packets Lost: 0/0 (-1.0%)

A few questions first....

1.  Did  your PC  work well before in SL?  and just now started having problems.?.....or it never worked well?

2. Does it work for a short while in SL  ok and  then stop ?    ...or it  never  works?

3.What is your connection speed?

4.  Are you using wireless connection?  or eithernet cable connection to internet.

5.  Have you tried turning your router/modem off  and   then   powering it back on.. and and then re-starting PC?

The forum helper experts  can better analyze your problem if you answer  these questions .

Good luck :)

thank you all -i updated it before and it was worth -but now i read old tread -maybe yours -) -that i should update and make it for max perfomens -so i did it -and its better -) but sometmes its flickering a little. I have wireless . I thought maybe its possible to change something more in SL settings?

Rosele Maroon wrote:

My graphic card restarts herself stopping SL

Has the driver update cured that problem?

Wireless connection isn`t ideal for sl but many people use it without big problems. You`re not getting packet loss which is good. Check what your bandwidth setting is, in sl viewer that`s preferences > setup. If it`s higher than 500 set it to 500 and see how that goes for a few days.

Would also be useful to know the exact viewer that you`re using. So if you copy and paste that info here it` will look something like this. Second Life 3.7.14 (292638) Aug 4 2014 15:40:43 (Second Life Release)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.