where do i go to learn to wallpaper a house?

LeviathanVerloren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Well, if you own the house and can modify the walls, all you need to do is to find a pattern you like.  If it is not in your inventory, put it in there and in your texture folder.  If you find something online you like, upload it by pressing Control + U.  It will cost you 10L.

Then right click on the wall(s) and select texture tab.  Click on texture and chose the pattern from your inventory.  Voila.

If you can't modify the walls, the easiest thing might be is to make a flat sheet to cover the wall.  Then add the texture to the sheet.  This will work on a wall with no windows or doors.  Otherwise it gets more complicated.  Making the flat sheet will mean using the Build function in your viewer, so you need to be somewhere where that is allowed.

If you need help inworld, let me know here or IM me or sent me a notecard.

There are two ways to do this.

1.  If you own the house and the house is modifiable.

Click on the house, open the Edit window.  Look in the Texture tab.  Be sure the Select Faces box is checked and then click on the face you want to texture.  Drag the texture you want to use from your inventory and drop in into the little texture swatch in the Edit window, or drop it directly on the wall face.  Use the texture size and positioning controls to align it and adjust the scale of the texture.  Repeat for the other walls.

2.  If you don't own the house, or it is No Modify:

Rez a cube.  Use the edit tools to stretch it to cover a wall, and make it very thin.  Apply your wallpaper texture to the flat prim and align it and scale it as desired.  Position the prim very close to the wall, but not so close that you get "texture chatter" between the two surfaces.

Now use SHIFT+Drag to make a copy of the textured wallpaper prim. DE-select "stretch textures" to preserve the scaling.  Use the Edit tools to re-size the new prim for the next wall.  Continue until all walls are covered.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.