Etalia Cristole

Giant butts have invaded SL.

16 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

What give you the right to say a damn thing about how anyone looks?

Show me exactly how I've made fun of anyone. Quote me.

This is just an opportunity for you to berate someone who's posts you've deliberately misrepresented so you get your jollies. Sorry not going to be your punching bag.

And as far as people not understanding the difference between sl and real life, that's not my problem, but probably something that should be addressed with a therapist.

The BIGGEST mistake Linden ever did with avatar is give a 'height" in real world measurements! Second Life is NOT Real World! it is a computer program of pixels, therefore things are IN SCALE with objects inside the virtual world! One primary factor being the camera off set is behind and over us, therefore, if a building had a "real world" ceiling height of 8 feet, the avatar would need to be about 4 feet, 5 foot maximum to walk around inside! Height is irrelevant! it is all about SCALE

And as far as fat butts go, hey, we can be anything we want in SL and if that's what people want or what makes them happy, then fat butt away I say!

• Like 1

big booty avatars have never invaded Second Life they've been here since the beginning

every since people were able to make decent objects every fetish known to man has been available in Second Life and that's been more than 11 years some people choose to have an ass so big they can crush a child avatars skull  with their butt cheeks I personally don't think it's attractive and I think it's ugly and gross but it's their choice I'm not going to get after every person that goes Giant ass I'm not a fan of oversized boobs either the middle ground is where I like my women and guys

Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2019 at 10:01 PM, Jackson Redstar said:

The BIGGEST mistake Linden ever did with avatar is give a 'height" in real world measurements!

The use of meters and feet in SL not a mistake, its just how you determine how tall you are. 

On 8/8/2019 at 10:01 PM, Jackson Redstar said:

second Life is NOT Real World! it is a computer program of pixels, therefore things are IN SCALE with objects inside the virtual world!

It is and was always the personal choice of a lot of people, to extend body and attachment sizes to the max. Call it preference,  the attempt to reach an ideal, or just simple peer pressure. SL being a virtual world makes no difference at all.
99% percent of all objects you see in SL are made by its users. LindenLabs never forced us onto a chair and told us "You need to fit on that one!"

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 1:01 PM, Jackson Redstar said:

The BIGGEST mistake Linden ever did with avatar is give a 'height" in real world measurements! Second Life is NOT Real World! it is a computer program of pixels, therefore things are IN SCALE with objects inside the virtual world! One primary factor being the camera off set is behind and over us, therefore, if a building had a "real world" ceiling height of 8 feet, the avatar would need to be about 4 feet, 5 foot maximum to walk around inside! Height is irrelevant! it is all about SCALE

You are absolutely correct! EVERYONE should always make their avatars to the proper scale of whatever building or furniture they are using! They shouldn't *be allowed* otherwise!

On 8/8/2019 at 1:01 PM, Jackson Redstar said:

hey, we can be anything we want in SL and if that's what people want or what makes them happy, then fat butt away I say!

You are so correct! Anyone can be anythi... wait a minute.

/me looks it up...

oxymoron ˌäksəˈmôrˌän | noun a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction.

Okaaaaayyyyyyy...

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 4:19 AM, Resi Pfeffer said:

The use of meters and feet in SL not a mistake, its just how you determine how tall you are. 

It is and was always the personal choice of a lot of people, to extend body and attachment sizes to the max. Call it preference,  the attempt to reach an ideal, or just simple peer pressure. SL being a virtual world makes no difference at all.
99% percent of all objects you see in SL are made by its users. LindenLabs never forced us onto a chair and told us "You need to fit on that one!"

But, they shoulda come up with a new scale like LH or LM, Linden feet or Linden Meters, but then again, who woulda know years later people would freak the F out cause some pixel beings are "7 feet" tall in a non real pixel world!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

But, they shoulda come up with a new scale like LH or LM, Linden feet or Linden Meters, but then again, who woulda know years later people would freak the F out cause some pixel beings are "7 feet" tall in a non real pixel world!

That they chose real life measurement unit (meter) was an excellent hing. It's so easy and convenient to design anything - in proper scale - when you can use the unit you're used to in your every day life. Naturally those using imperial measurements in real world cannot take advantage of this great thing. But for metric users it's a blessing.

New random units like "Linden feet" or "Linden meters" which would have no relation to real life units would just have made things more complex.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

I think partial blame lay with the default camera positioning. Where it sits by default there's a slight distortion at depth perception looking down instead of out, whereas positioning the camera closer to or offset the shoulder of an avatar and you start to see things more level. In this way you start seeing just how ridiculously over-sized the SCALE of some things really are and what has since been adopted as standard.

• Like 2

People just want their avatars to look grossly exagerrated and trashy as hell. Pretty much since I joined 9 years ago I've always said Japanese fashion designers are and have always been better than western ones, they don't overly sexualise their clothing, and create things that are more focused on creativity, uniqueness and quality than gross sexualization. Just about every *****ing western clothing store is filled to the brim with the same *****ty mesh crop tops that don't even cover your chest with cringey text on them like "daddy's whore" and "*****". Mini skirts that don't cover your ass and jeans with unnaturally massive asses that even in the smallest sizes look huge...it's all just gross to me.

I'm glad you made this thread because it gave me a chance to vent. I will never hold western SL creators who make nothing but "*****wear" on the same standard as Japanese ones because they are too obsessed with sex and looking as trashy as they can possibly be.

Originality and uniqueness > sex.

Posted (edited)

To be honest I don't like too much Katena bimbos and things like that, but I see no reason for a rant. Some people like big butts (good, now I'll mentally sing that "I like big BUTTS, and I can not lie... ♪" all day) barely dressed. Others like skinny girls dressed as polar bears. How does it affect my experience? Not the slightest.

And yeah, sure. All the kogal fetishism is so classy. Oriental avatars dressed with skirts shorter than my salary, her underbutts exposed, and skimpy sailor shirts. Very classy.

"I will never hold western SL creators who make nothing but "*****wear" " -- butthurt (is it a bad word? Sorry if yes, I'm not sure) in the most pure essence.

Edited by angelikiinha
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, charlottevics said:

People just want their avatars to look grossly exagerrated and trashy as hell. Pretty much since I joined 9 years ago I've always said Japanese fashion designers are and have always been better than western ones, they don't overly sexualise their clothing, and create things that are more focused on creativity, uniqueness and quality than gross sexualization. Just about every *****ing western clothing store is filled to the brim with the same *****ty mesh crop tops that don't even cover your chest with cringey text on them like "daddy's whore" and "*****". Mini skirts that don't cover your ass and jeans with unnaturally massive asses that even in the smallest sizes look huge...it's all just gross to me.

I'm glad you made this thread because it gave me a chance to vent. I will never hold western SL creators who make nothing but "*****wear" on the same standard as Japanese ones because they are too obsessed with sex and looking as trashy as they can possibly be.

Originality and uniqueness > sex.

Personal taste at end of day, what you may like; another person might find unsexy so each to their own and in SL remember we can be anything we want!  

• Like 3

There is more bigotry in this thread than r/unpopularopinion.

No one gives a ***** about what you wear unless you're his/her gf/bf/mom/dad/son/daughter. If one day I feel like wearing cute lolita flat-chested Jap school uniforms I'll wear it. If another day I feel like dressing like a ***** with size 100 boob implants and a micro bikini, I'll do that too. It's none of your *****ing business. All these arguments about "oh too many revealing outfits" is pure bull*****. It's just bigots who are too narrow minded to wade through any listing on marketplace they don't like. If you actually stopped and take a look at marketplace listings or even instore, I'm willing to bet anything at least 50% of any quality item sold does NOT make you look like someone who just had her boobs/butts done. That's not enough choice for you?

Also, learn basic concepts of supply and demand. I'm tired of hearing bull***** like "why are there no heels made for mid-height feet, high feet make you look *****ty" or "why is cleavage showing in every outfit". 95%+ of girls wear high feet, and want to show SOME skin in their outfits, what do you think creators are gonna cater to? If you think all girls should either wear flats or 2-inch heels then maybe you should go don a hijab and play Virtual Islam Simulator.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lentissimo said:

Please tell us what you really think. So much angst, such wasted passion and forceful aggression. Somewhat like turning the furnace on full-blast to heat the house in the middle of Summer. If you're "tired of..." then remove yourself from it. Always remember this: For all of us, the only people who care what you think is you and others who don't think for themselves.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Please tell us what you really think. So much angst, such wasted passion and forceful aggression. Somewhat like turning the furnace on full-blast to heat the house in the middle of Summer. If you're "tired of..." then remove yourself from it. Always remember this: For all of us, the only people who care what you think is you and others who don't think for themselves.

She was only saying what she thought tbh...

On 9/5/2019 at 6:36 PM, Lentissimo said:

No one gives a ***** about what you wear unless you're his/her gf/bf/mom/dad/son/daughter. If one day I feel like wearing cute lolita flat-chested Jap school uniforms I'll wear it. If another day I feel like dressing like a ***** with size 100 boob implants and a micro bikini, I'll do that too. It's none of your *****ing business. All these arguments about "oh too many revealing outfits" is pure bull*****. It's just bigots who are too narrow minded to wade through any listing on marketplace they don't like. If you actually stopped and take a look at marketplace listings or even instore, I'm willing to bet anything at least 50% of any quality item sold does NOT make you look like someone who just had her boobs/butts done. That's not enough choice for you?

Also, learn basic concepts of supply and demand. I'm tired of hearing bull***** like "why are there no heels made for mid-height feet, high feet make you look *****ty" or "why is cleavage showing in every outfit". 95%+ of girls wear high feet, and want to show SOME skin in their outfits, what do you think creators are gonna cater to? If you think all girls should either wear flats or 2-inch heels then maybe you should go don a hijab and play Virtual Islam Simulator.

Totally agree some ppl just need to stay in their lane because it’s not nice to judge ppl based on a virtual avi.

Edited by PinkMilkyWay

1 hour ago, PinkMilkyWay said:

She was only saying what she thought tbh...

Absolutely. Though it is clear that the comment was written with passion at the height of frustration; strong appearance of a completely knee-jerk reaction. This is clear by the number of expletives and wordy, verbose descriptions, rather than a pithy statement. It all comes across as a shrill shout.

Don't raise your voice when you should reinforce your argument.

I must give credit to that commenter for the "I'm tired..." potions of statement because they make it clear it is their own opinion, which is a major absence from most comments made (in forums and everywhere else) as they come across appearing to be proclaimed as fact (when they are, in fact, opinion.)

Edited by Alyona Su

On 9/6/2019 at 1:36 AM, Lentissimo said:

Oh, the thought police is here... So you can rant about people, call them bigots for simply disliking fashion trends in a virtual world...but how dare those people express their opinions?!

52 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Oh, the thought police is here... So you can rant about people, call them bigots for simply disliking fashion trends in a virtual world...but how dare those people express their opinions?!

Because hypocrisy is the life-force of SL, donchaknow? "My opine trumps your opine!" ~Braces for political retribution, now. Because readers dunn read.~

On 9/4/2014 at 3:20 AM, Etalia Cristole said:

Who came up with these standard mesh sizes?  XXS is NOT XXS.  I guess the majority of this world is now overly fat and so apparently we all have to be in the virtual world too.  My AV is 5'7" tall and 118 lbs according to a body scanner in a high end developers store; that's not an abnormal size, in fact it's 6 lbs under ideal weight for that height by Dep of Health standards.  Apparently though in second life it's even smaller than XXS mesh as every single piece I try makes my ass look huge.  I adjust sliders but it doesn't matter, mesh clothing is made for fat asses.

There has always been an issue in SL with the average height of people being 8+ feet tall [most people have no idea they are unnaturally tall in SL, as it's the norm and I blame LL for not putting a hight in numbers on the slider], but this new giant ass trend is terrible.  Every piece of mesh clothing is made for giant asses and disgustingly large breasts.  I'm sorry if I don't find stretchmark ridden giant balls of flabby fat on my chest and ass attractive, but if you want my $L it's time to start developing clothes for non-fatass avatars.  

Snapshot_016.jpg

So disgusted.  I am done shopping in SL, I will keep my money thanks.  I leave second life for a year and come back to empty sims, great clubs all shut down, most AAA devs all gone, items with script errors that now don't get updated because most of the great devs have left, and all of my LM's to once packed sims no longer work.  The virtual world now feels like the final days of an MMO game.  All the money spent, time put in to make a perfectly proportional avatar, and these mesh abominations are what we get for "standard" sizes?  Keep your mesh clothes, I will keep my normal sized (jagged) ass which LL should have fixed years ago before people gave up waiting and jumped ship.  

Full mesh bodies are even more of a joke, with their giant asses and flawed implementation [Qarl's mesh deformer project ignored instead they use some garbage system of "standard" sizes].  I understand how mesh works and why regular clothes don't play nice, but why am I going to spend the outrageous kind of money these mesh clothing devs are asking to re-buy all of my outfits when non-backwards compatible SL 2.0 is six months from beta and about a year away from release?  To make my ass huge?  No thanks, mesh hands/feet added to normal/prim clothing is good enough until SL 2.0 comes out.  

I have such a love hate relationship with SL, and the love is waning like the world itself.  What happened to you Second Life?  2007 Was my first AV and in 2009 I made this one; I have seen the virtual world peak in 2009-2010 and then start crashing down.  I had a prem membership for years to try and support LL with development costs.  With all the amazing things that have been added, it still feels like a patchwork mess.  I hope LL learned their lesson and SL 2.0 fixes these issues.  Not holding my breath.

Why?