Sign in to follow this  
AllisonnArgent

Stolen money- Not my fault- but got banned

Question

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do.  Linden Lab does not ban anyone permanently until they are convinced that it is necessary, and then their decision is truly permanent.  From your description, it sounds as if the pattern of your past problems finally convinced them to ban you.  Lindens never come to this resident-to-resident Answer service, and we have no way to offer you more than best wishes.

Incidentally, a permanent ban truly is permanent.  If you try to start over again with a new account in two months, the account will be blocked again.

3 answers to this question

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do.  Linden Lab does not ban anyone permanently until they are convinced that it is necessary, and then their decision is truly permanent.  From your description, it sounds as if the pattern of your past problems finally convinced them to ban you.  Lindens never come to this resident-to-resident Answer service, and we have no way to offer you more than best wishes.

Incidentally, a permanent ban truly is permanent.  If you try to start over again with a new account in two months, the account will be blocked again.

I'm sorry this has happened to you.  However, you need to be aware of two things:

First, YOU are responsible for whatever is done with your account.  If someone else uses your account to commit TOS violations and you don't report it promptly, your account will be banned.  If you accept stolen $L, even innocently, LL can ban your account, or fine you 150% of the money (which is why your friend's account is going negative, I expect.)

Second, if you have had four accounts, and each one has been banned, if should start to dawn on you that You're Doing It Wrong.  Linden Lab does not ban people arbitrarily, they WANT people to use Second Life.  Four bans tells me that you are constantly trying to game the system, in any way that you can.

And blaming the consequences on everybody but yourself.

• Like 2