Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Millionaires

I give up. D:

Recommended Posts

Sorry for the abrupt title. However that's how I feel searching the Marketplace!

 

I finally convinced my friend to join in, we're both huge Final Fantasy nuts and then it hit me, why not meet him as Lightening! He'll love that. Thus my quest to find her started and it has been met with dead-ends every single time, I realize people would breach copyright by remaking her, but I cannot see the issue with it.

 

So I need your help, having a few other looks would be helpful! I need her gunblade (sword), outfit, skin, shape and hair. I know this is a lot to find, but it's also hard for me to find it because searching 'Lightening' in the Market brings up so much irrelevant searches.

 

Any help is appreciated x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Millionaires wrote:

Sorry for the abrupt title. However that's how I feel searching the Marketplace!

 

I finally convinced my friend to join in, we're both huge Final Fantasy nuts and then it hit me, why not meet him as Lightening! He'll love that. Thus my quest to find her started and it has been met with dead-ends every single time, I realize people would breach copyright by remaking her, but I cannot see the issue with it.

 

So I need your help, having a few other looks would be helpful! I need her gunblade (sword), outfit, skin, shape and hair. I know this is a lot to find, but it's also hard for me to find it because searching 'Lightening' in the Market brings up so much irrelevant searches.

 

Any help is appreciated x

You are right about the breach of copyright and that explains why you won't easily find things for this character.  The issue is that making something that violates another's copyright and especially selling it is stealing someone else's work and then making a profit on it.  It is also a violation of the TOS. 

Yes, you've probably seen things that violate copyright here in SL, but all that means is the person who ripped off the design hasn't been caught - yet.

My advice is that if you do find something exactly like this character you don't buy it.  If you do, one day it may disappear due to a successful DMCA filed by the copyright owner which then forces LL to remove the items that violate the copyright from the grid.  You won't be reimbursed for anything that is removed from your inventory as a result.

You can however outfit your self in similar items as long as they aren't substantially the same as what the character has and they don't reference the character at all.

You should read this official policy which is incorporated into the TOS by reference:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Intellectual_Property

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Millionaires wrote:

I realize people would breach copyright by remaking her, but I cannot see the issue with it.

 


If you can't see the issue with breaking the law and stealing someone elses hard work.... Please hit Ctrl+Q

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just going to type everything in one reply. So let's hope their isn't some kinda limit.

Hey, Amethyst Jetaime! I realize that it breaches the copyright law, but Square-Enix isn't going to charge in and start throwing around lawsuits; if that's the case then 90% of the marketplace is going to be sued as everything in that is ripped from something.

 

@Ohjiro Watanabe

It wasn't a case of giving up easily, I have searched for awhile. And yes, I have done extensive searching on that subject.

 

@Drake1 Nightfire

It's not stealing.. as I said to Amethyst; everything in the MP essentially breaks this rule anyway, heck even this game does by providing music, movies and such. So don't wave that at me, when its not just this situation, this own game is pretty much stealing.

 

@Drake1 Nightfire -- again..

Just so you know, you should use the edit feature, it'll make you look less like a child when making a post, it was clearly a typo, yes I made it twice, it was 1 key and spellcheck is disabled on the forum, so I didn't think to proof-read my post. Would you move on and start acting mature? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Millionaires wrote:

I'm just going to type everything in one reply. So let's hope their isn't some kinda limit.

Hey, Amethyst Jetaime! I realize that it breaches the copyright law, but Square-Enix isn't going to charge in and start throwing around lawsuits; if that's the case then 90% of the marketplace is going to be sued as everything in that is ripped from something.

 
Says you.. Most of it is made by users from scratch. or bought as templates.

@Ohjiro Watanabe

It wasn't a case of giving up easily, I have searched for awhile. And yes, I have done extensive searching on that subject.

 
Not if you were searching for the wrong spelling.

@Drake1 Nightfire

It's not stealing.. as I said to Amethyst; everything in the MP essentially breaks this rule anyway, heck even this game does by providing music, movies and such. So don't wave that at me, when its not just this situation, this own game is pretty much stealing.

 
Yes, it is stealing. No, only the ripped game content is stolen. most of the items on the MP are made by actual users of SL.  SL isn't a game. The people providing movies may have a licence to do so. DJs should also have a licence. 

@Drake1 Nightfire -- again..

Just so you know, you should use the edit feature, it'll make you look less like a child when making a post, it was clearly a typo, yes I made it twice, it was 1 key and spellcheck is disabled on the forum, so I didn't think to proof-read my post. Would you move on and start acting mature? Thanks.

Don't whine and **bleep** when you get called out for wanting stolen content. It will make you look less of a child. spellcheck is the little ABC check mark button on the top right.. Learn how to use something before saying it isn't there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Millionaires wrote:

I'm just going to type everything in one reply. So let's hope their isn't some kinda limit.

Hey, Amethyst Jetaime! I realize that it breaches the copyright law, but Square-Enix isn't going to charge in and start throwing around lawsuits; if that's the case then 90% of the marketplace is going to be sued as everything in that is ripped from something.

Y
ou have no idea if the copyright owner might file a DMCA one day.  It has happened before.

So just because you think everyone is doing it that makes it ok for you to do it too? If everyone jumped off a bridge would you do that too? 
facepalm smiley.gif

 @Ohjiro Watanabe

It wasn't a case of giving up easily, I have searched for awhile. And yes, I have done extensive searching on that subject.

Maybe some creators actually have some morals and that's why you can't find it.

 

@Drake1 Nightfire

It's not stealing.. as I said to Amethyst; everything in the MP essentially breaks this rule anyway, heck even this game does by providing music, movies and such. So don't wave that at me, when its not just this situation, this own game is pretty much stealing.

Yes it is stealing.  You can sugar coat it all you want, but you are condoning theft and willing to participate in it
And btw, not everything on the MP is a copyright violation. If you are going to make such broad statements, prove it.

@Drake1 Nightfire -- again..

Just so you know, you should use the edit feature, it'll make you look less like a child when making a post, it was clearly a typo, yes I made it twice, it was 1 key and spellcheck is disabled on the forum, so I didn't think to proof-read my post. Would you move on and start acting mature? Thanks.

Spell check is not disabled on the forum, I use it all the time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but none of them were helpful at all, I got someone calling me bad and another trying to correct my spelling.

 

@Drake.

http://gyazo.com/88d81f1fa98c50fde626920599ffb653

Yes, spelling it wrong. What a joke.

So wait, where was this when I first made the thread? What if the outfit I buy, the maker has gotten permission. Learn your place, kiddo.

I didn't ask for stolen content, I asked for helping finding the outfit, are you that daft?

asujhbdj sadb sajdsa -- spellcheck OP, clearly failed. Lmao.

http://gyazo.com/a0ce0837051114e693352e4749dfafe9

 

And the one person I thought had a brain has decided to team up with Drake, go figures.

Yes, let's just hyperbole the situation and use some pathetic analogy like "what if everyone did this, would you do it to." simply because I have no decent argument.

 

What is with you guys contradicting yourself? What if someone actually has permission to make it, plus Square doesn't care if people remake her, free publicity.

 

But.. but I was using hyperboles like you guys, I just wanted to be an e-thug on the SL forums! PLEASE MUMMY LET ME.

 

Refer above.

 

Now if you two want to grow up and post back on my thread when you act like you're out of kindergarten and actually have a brain & use it, you're welcome to, but if you're not going to contribute, stay off. You're a helper, but you you don't help at all, instead you act like a child, what a forum. Truly amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Millionaires wrote:

 

<snip>

Now if you two want to grow up and post back on my thread when you act like you're out of kindergarten and actually have a brain & use it, you're welcome to, but if you're not going to contribute, stay off. You're a helper, but you you don't help at all, instead you act like a child, what a forum. Truly amazing.

So we are being childish for calling you out on your proposed thievery?

While you post like a three year old crying, "I want it, I want it, I want it," even though you know it's not legal.

I wonder who is the person who really needs to grow up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love shopping on the onsire Marketplace. Always something new every day.

I love the Final Fantasy series and its characters.

Always glad to help others if asked nicely.

Other posters have responded in kind to the best of their ability and they in turn receive rude nasty comments.

Sad. Not worth my time.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


JKimikoL wrote:

I love shopping on the onsire Marketplace. Always something new every day.

I love the Final Fantasy series and its characters.

Always glad to help others if asked nicely.

Other posters have responded in kind to the best of their ability and they in turn receive rude nasty comments.

Sad. Not worth my time.

 

 

I think it's great that people want to do RP based on Final Fantasy.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

People do RP based on their favorite games, movies, books, etc, all the time.

And that is wonderful.

But that is NOT the issue here.

The issue is someone coming and essentially saying they don't care if they break copyright.

"I realize people would breach copyright by remaking her, but I cannot see the issue with it."

There is an issue with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Millionaires wrote:

Sorry, but none of them were helpful at all, I got someone calling me bad and another trying to correct my spelling.

 
You mean aside from the "it's against the law, maybe that why you can't find it." answers... To which you replied.. "but i want it!!!" while jumping up and down throwing a tantrum.

@Drake.

Yes, spelling it wrong. What a joke.

So wait, where was this when I first made the thread? What if the outfit I buy, the maker has gotten permission. Learn your place, kiddo.

I know my place. I also know the laws. They would have to show a written copy of that "permission" also known as a user licence. Sony has not allowed anyone to copy their copyrighted items. Learn your laws. It is illegal for someone to copy or reproduce copyrighted items in SL. When they are reported and a DMCA is filed the items will be pulled from the MP and your inventory.

I didn't ask for stolen content, I asked for helping finding the outfit, are you that daft?

asujhbdj sadb sajdsa -- spellcheck OP, clearly failed. Lmao.

 

And the one person I thought had a brain has decided to team up with Drake, go figures.

Yes, let's just hyperbole the situation and use some pathetic analogy like "what if everyone did this, would you do it to." simply because I have no decent argument.

 

What is with you guys contradicting yourself? What if someone actually has permission to make it, plus Square doesn't care if people remake her, free publicity.

 
Square Enix developed the games for Sony.. Sony does indeed care if people rip things from their games. Free publicity my ass. "Yes, copy my items and make money off them. It will make me more money." 

But.. but I was using hyperboles like you guys, I just wanted to be an e-thug on the SL forums! PLEASE MUMMY LET ME.

 

Refer above.

 

Now if you two want to grow up and post back on my thread when you act like you're out of kindergarten and actually have a brain & use it, you're welcome to, but if you're not going to contribute, stay off. You're a helper, but you you don't help at all, instead you act like a child, what a forum. Truly amazing.

We have contributed, you chose to whine about the laws. I bet you like pirated movies as well, same principle. Free publicity, right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me, or are we seeing more of this sort of entitlement (for want of a better word) attitude around here lately? It seems to me the number of posts asking questions about and/or complaining about rules and policies has increased. Not only that, it seems to be pretty common for those OP's to call 'hater' on anyone who points out the rules and the policies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried looking for individal pieces? They probably won't be labled for that character. They might not even be built for or based on that character, but with the wealth of items both in the onsite Marketplace and inworld, I find it shocking that you can't find similar pieces. Nothing says you can't mix and match. 

 I realize people would breach copyright by remaking her, but I cannot see the issue with it.

There are several. 

First and foremost, violating copyright is against the law. I think you may actually be surprised by the number of DMCA's that ARE filed to remove material like this every day. Video game characters, movie, television, and cartoon characters, works of art, even fashion and body parts are removed because someone files a DMCA against the illegal content. And from that, you get lots of issues trickling down. 

When the content is removed, it may stay inworld for some time after. That doesn't mean it stays inworld indefinitely. Maybe a few days later, or a few weeks or months or even a year or two later, the battle can be won and the content removed from inworld entirely. Depending how much you spent on the pieces, you could lose a fair amount of money. 

More than that, even, is that LL reserves the right to ban anyone, for any reason. If they believe you were promoting stolen content - because it is stealing, according to the definition of the word as well as practical applications - they could ban your account. Maybe you won't lose much. Maybe you will. Maybe you don't care. Do you care at all about the merchant who makes the content at your request, who could have his or her entire business shut down, account banned, barred from creating content that may or may not be providing that creator's livelihood?

And, frankly, this entire thread starts as an entitled whine, and ends bashing anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view. Added onto that, your comments have alienated creators who might have been willing to help you. Good luck with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Millionaires wrote:

Sorry, but none of them were helpful at all, I got someone calling me bad and another trying to correct my spelling.

 

@Drake.

Yes, spelling it wrong. What a joke.

So wait, where was this when I first made the thread? What if the outfit I buy, the maker has gotten permission. Learn your place, kiddo.

I didn't ask for stolen content, I asked for helping finding the outfit, are you that daft?

asujhbdj sadb sajdsa -- spellcheck OP, clearly failed. Lmao.

 

And the one person I thought had a brain has decided to team up with Drake, go figures.

Yes, let's just hyperbole the situation and use some pathetic analogy like "what if everyone did this, would you do it to." simply because I have no decent argument.

 

What is with you guys contradicting yourself? What if someone actually has permission to make it, plus Square doesn't care if people remake her, free publicity.

 

But.. but I was using hyperboles like you guys, I just wanted to be an e-thug on the SL forums! PLEASE MUMMY LET ME.

 

Refer above.

 

Now if you two want to grow up and post back on my thread when you act like you're out of kindergarten and actually have a brain & use it, you're welcome to, but if you're not going to contribute, stay off. You're a helper, but you you don't help at all, instead you act like a child, what a forum. Truly amazing.

You are the one acting like a child. whining and name calling. 

First, you can't tell people not to post as this is a forum where anyone can.

Second, no one contradicted themselves.  As pointed out, Sony doesn't license their content out like that.  Even if they did, the cost of such a license would be prohibitively expensive for any SL creator to waste their time creating something that would have a limited demand.  That is why we knew you wouldn't find any legally licensed content.

Third, you didn't ask for stolen content, but I told you why you won't find what you are looking for.  Excuse me for trying to help you not waste time looking for something that's not there or worse, finding it only to lose your money when its pulled from the grid. 

Now please continue to make a fool of yourself and continue to condon stealing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly, as you're calling me out on something that I know. How is it not legal? I simply asked if someone could help me find a set of her outfit etc. and apparently I'm stealing, well goddamn! Sorry for asking for help, on the matter.

 

@Jkim.

Nothing I said was rude, if you read what I said as rude then that's not my issue, they stated their point and I stated mine, yet I was rude when they started it by treating me like I'm 8.

 

@Perrie.

"I realize people would breach copyright by remaking her, but I cannot see the issue with it."

I explained this, simply because half the stuff in this game is ripped from something, then they said they may have permission. So why doesn't this apply to this scenario? I don't see why you guys are so stuck up about it, I asked for help on finding the outfits, not stealing them.

 

@Drake.

I don't pirate movies, nor do I pirate at all, not sure about your country but Australia is pretty hard on it.

 

@Dillon.

People probably have this kind of attitude when people come into their thread and throw out accusations. I also didn't call anyone a hater, I just don't understand why they came here called me a thief then why why I'm slightly annoyed that they called me one.

 

@Shelby.

Not really, but I have dealt with Square-Enix before, they're actually really good in that department, in fact they encourage fanart/creations to be made.

 

@Ariel.

How would you like it if people came on your thread and called you a thief and a pirate? All I asked for was helping finding the outfit. Instead some troll and 'helper' comes in and throws out accusations, I'm sorry but that's just rude in its own sense.

 

Then to add to the joke they proceeded to say others may have claims saying they can, I'm sorry but what, what if the maker of the outfit has the same permission to make it and distribute it. If anyone is the troll or whatever on this thread its them two.

 

@Ameth.

You're incorrect, you're missing half of the forum etiquette. This may be a public forum but it doesn't give you full right to post anywhere you want, if someone asked you to not post on their thread, the respectful thing to do is not post on it.

Every single one of your posts has been worded rudely, like making me to be the bad guy for searching for the outfit. All I wanted to know if it was in the market, not if it was illegal. >.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Slightly, as you're calling me out on something that I know. How is it not legal? I simply asked if someone could help me find a set of her outfit etc. and apparently I'm stealing, well goddamn! Sorry for asking for help, on the matter."

You are stealing if you purchase something that infringes on the intellectual property (IP) of someone else's creation without their permission. 

 

 

'"I realize people would breach copyright by remaking her, but I cannot see the issue with it."

I'm not going to even start with how silly you're making yourself with that statement.  "I know this stove is hot and will burn my hand, but I'm going to stick my hand on it anyways."

 

 

I explained this, simply because half the stuff in this game is ripped from something, then they said they may have permission. So why doesn't this apply to this scenario? I don't see why you guys are so stuck up about it, I asked for help on finding the outfits, not stealing them.'

Have you looked at the Marketplace overall recently?  "Half the stuff" is quite a large exaggeration.  If you search the Marketplace for video game-themed stuff, guess what, you're going to find a TON of illegal stuff.  You find what you look for.  Your results are false because your data and methods are poorly implemented.

 

 

"Not really, but I have dealt with Square-Enix before, they're actually really good in that department, in fact they encourage fanart/creations to be made."

There is a HUGE (legal) difference between someone's fanart of something and creating/ripping models from a video game (which someone ELSE made) while claiming/selling it as your own design.  That is thievery, and there is no way to sugar-coat it into being "innocent" or "OK".  Square Enix, and similar companies, don't sue every person's rear who steals from them in this way mostly due to effort.  Why expend thousands of dollars on a greedy, lazy, good-for-nothing SL merchant who probably barely makes even $1,000 USD/yr from their "legitimate" business when they could be developing the next FF game?  The main issue about IP infringement on Second Life is moral.  And it is quite unfortunate, especially since there are several stores I wish to see burned down because of their rampant IP infringing.

Second Life has a huge amount of original content creators.  These individuals, myself included, create things on our own without stealing from other IP.  Some of us even run businesses based off of our original designs.  A lot of us are very adamant on stopping IP infringement when we see it because we know we can be hurt by it too. 

 

This entire topic is akin to walking into a police office and asking the cops to help you with a bank heist.

 

I wish you all the luck with creating an outfit that resembles Lightning.  She's my second favorite FF character, and I dreamed of having an avatar like her once upon a time. I hope you do not resort to such a low that you "have" to steal from someone else to get what you want.

 

Shinga Z.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Millionaires wrote:

@Ameth.

You're incorrect, you're missing half of the forum etiquette. This may be a public forum but it doesn't give you full right to post anywhere you want, if someone asked you to not post on their thread, the respectful thing to do is not post on it.

Every single one of your posts has been worded rudely, like making me to be the bad guy for searching for the outfit. All I wanted to know if it was in the market, not if it was illegal. >.>

 

You are wrong.  On this forum any one may post a reply as long as they stay within the Community Guidelines.  Its funny that people who say that are usually people who are wrong or who have no respect.  You will get respect when you give it.  You are the one that started insulting people and calling names. 

If you would read my first post, I didn't call you a thief or imply anything.  I just explained why it was unlikely that you would find what you are looking for because many people have no understanding of IP rights.  It was only when you came back with the "I realize people would breach copyright by remaking her, but I cannot see the issue with it."  that myself and a number of people took issue with your attitude.

BTW there is a big difference between legitimate fan art and ripping 3D content from a game and selling it for a profit.

I for one would love to see IP theft stamped out of SL permanently.  Even if I knew where to find what you were looking for I wouldn't help you locate it.  The reason that IP theft happens in SL is because of the attitude of people like you who are willing to pay a thief for something they know is not legit, only because they want it.  If you knowingly receive stolen property then you aren't any better then the thief and you encourage more theft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus, we're going in circles, all 4 or 5 of you are deadset on the fact I want to steal it. All I wanted to do is see if one was in the game as I couldn't find one. It'll take me a total of about 5 minutes to log into FF: ARR, find one of the many Square-Enix employees I have added as friends and then ask them if it's cool to use her in Second Life, while I may speeding up the process that's all I'd need to do, maybe send an email and sign a contract that I wont re-sell it or whatever.

 

But instead you guys insist I'm dead-set on stealing the clothing and committing some kind of copyright infringement, then whenever I say the people may have permission to sell her outfit you ignore that and go right back to accusing me of stealing. If you guys where as helpful as someone else who sent me an IM in-game with a link to her hair and gave me some quick Marketplace search tips then this would have already been solved, but you all crammed your noses in and acted like you're some kind of perfect human being, then downgraded me for wanting to try and see if the outfit was on the Marketplace or not. This is the exact reason I hate forums, full of snobs.

 

@Ameth.

I'm not wrong, it's an unofficial rule on most if not all forums. If you're asked to leave/stop commenting you do. That's called being mature and not acting like a 11 year old. With your title of helper I would have hoped you'd be an adult and know when your opinion is and isn't welcome. You have done nothing helpful on this thread besides spew accusations, putting your words like I'm an idiot and just being a nuisance. I stated what  I wanted, you took that and called me a thief, then wrong. And don't get me started on the guy who corrected my spelling, didn't realize this was school.

 

I asked you to leave and come back when you felt like being mature and actually helping instead of pointing fingers at me, everyone has came and pointed a finger at me for asking about an outfit. When you and Drake can freely put down and accuse with no repercussions? I don't think so buddy.

 

Again, for the goddamn fourth time! Who says the maker of her costume doesn't have consent to make and sell it? What if he/she is allowed to, Jesus. Quit making assumptions, because it's annoying, read my posts instead of skimming then copy and pasting the same thing. You're meant to be a Helper, but you are far from helpful. I have low hope for other staff members if you act like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Millionaires wrote:

Jesus, we're going in circles, all 4 or 5 of you are deadset on the fact I want to steal it. All I wanted to do is see if one was in the game as I couldn't find one. It'll take me a total of about 5 minutes to log into FF: ARR, find one of the many Square-Enix employees I have added as friends and then ask them if it's cool to use her in Second Life, while I may speeding up the process that's all I'd need to do, maybe send an email and sign a contract that I wont re-sell it or whatever.

 
They don't hold the copyrights, Sony does. Sony will NOT give permission for it to be made in SL. 

But instead you guys insist I'm dead-set on stealing the clothing and committing some kind of copyright infringement, then whenever I say the people may have permission to sell her outfit you ignore that and go right back to accusing me of stealing. If you guys where as helpful as someone else who sent me an IM in-game with a link to her hair and gave me some quick Marketplace search tips then this would have already been solved, but you all crammed your noses in and acted like you're some kind of perfect human being, then downgraded me for wanting to try and see if the outfit was on the Marketplace or not. This is the exact reason I hate forums, full of snobs.

 

@Ameth.

I'm not wrong, it's an unofficial rule on most if not all forums. If you're asked to leave/stop commenting you do. That's called being mature and not acting like a 11 year old. With your title of helper I would have hoped you'd be an adult and know when your opinion is and isn't welcome. You have done nothing helpful on this thread besides spew accusations, putting your words like I'm an idiot and just being a nuisance. I stated what  I wanted, you took that and called me a thief, then wrong. And don't get me started on the guy who corrected my spelling, didn't realize this was school.

 
Well, you spelled it incorrectly twice, I thought you were searching for it that way. Logical, no?

I asked you to leave and come back when you felt like being mature and actually helping instead of pointing fingers at me, everyone has came and pointed a finger at me for asking about an outfit. When you and Drake can freely put down and accuse with no repercussions? I don't think so buddy.

 
Yes, help you find stolen goods. To quote you, "I don't think so buddy."

Again, for the goddamn fourth time! Who says the maker of her costume doesn't have consent to make and sell it? What if he/she is allowed to, Jesus. Quit making assumptions, because it's annoying, read my posts instead of skimming then copy and pasting the same thing. You're meant to be a Helper, but you are far from helpful. I have low hope for other staff members if you act like this.

Because we have been here for years and know what is the reality of things. None of the game companies have given permission. NOT ONE. After last years ToS disaster which gives LL the rights to do what they want with anything you upload, several mesh creation companies in RL have banned people from using their items, that they paid RL USD for, in SL. But a game company is going to give permission for someone to give LL their characters? Not bloody likely.

Again, It's not up to the staff at Square Enix anymore.. They sold the rights to the character likenesses to Sony when they made the game for them. Sony owns the rights to everything in FF. They do NOT give licences to use their game material.

You can not just ask if its OK for you to buy it, the merchant has to have permission to sell it. If they had permission it would be posted clearly in the items description and have a link to the actual form from the copyright holder. Again, it would be extremely expensive to get such a licence from one of the hugest game companies out there. Hundreds of thousands of US dollars for a return of, what, a few hundred? I don't see that happening.

We gave you your answers. You just didn't like them. Try reading what we wrote. If you buy ripped content, when it is reported it WILL be removed from your inventory and you will NOT be reimbursed for your losses. It is your choice to buy things you know are illegal. Just as it is in RL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the thing...you may say that you would sign a contract "not to sell it" but the TOS with LL requires you to grant all rights to LL for them to sell it.

 

You think Sony will be happy granting that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...