What triggers an animation in an AO?

Ravenhill97

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If I undertstand correctly, an animation in an AO will override the "default" animation supplied by LL.

And I see that happening: I have loaded AOs into Firestorm's AO-solution and see that the "default" anims for walking and standing are in fact being overridden by the anims in the AO. Everything works fine.

But the AO has anims for movements that are not part of LL's default set of movements - for example Swimming.

Is there any table which shows what triggers the different anims in an AO? For example: what triggers the swimming anim? I have seeked but not found!

Thanks again!

1 answer to this question

The triggers are automati, part of SL..  When you sit, a sit animation is played  When you stand, a stand animation.  Swimming is triggered by being in Linden water.  Not all AOs (even the stock animations are limited) have an animation for all the possible actions, so sometimes it may appear that no animation is triggered by a triggering event.  Note that ANY animation, even an inappropriate one, can be slotted into any animation category in an AO.  So, you could have a walk in your list of Sits, and suddenly start walking in your chair.

In addition, you can have more than one animation slotted into a single category, depending on your AO.  You can set the AO to cycle through these randomly or in order, or stick with one until you change it.

Here are all the possible animation types I can recall offhand...

• Walk (triggered by walking.  Duh.)
  • Run (Need you ask?)
  • Stand (ditto)
  • Sit (triggered by sitting on an object)
  • Ground Sit (triggered by sitting on bare ground.  Most AOs and viewers have an override command to allow a ground sit pose on a flat prim, so you can ground sit on a floor.)
  • Crouch  (Triggered by holding PgDn or C while on the ground)
  • Pre-jump
  • Jump
  • Fly (All the flying related animations are triggered by engaging flight)
  • Fly Up
  • Fly Down
  • Hover
  • Fall
  • Landing
  • Hard Landing (triggered by hitting the ground at falling speed)
  • Swimming (this and the next three are triggered by being in Linden water)
  • Swim Down
  • Swim Up
  • Floating
  • Typing (trigger is typing in local chat)
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.