Secondlife cannot be accessed from this computer

Lonesome Charisma

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Looks like you've been banned from Second Life or someone in your household has got everyone who uses your computer banned.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Why_does_Second_Life_say_%22You_cannot_log_into_Second_Life_from_this_location%22%3F

Either way, you need to contact Support and lodge an appeal if you think you have been unfairly banned.

There is always the faint chance that a banned IP has cycled over to you, very rare but not completely unknown. If you have a dynamic IP address, unplug your modem and router for a minute then replug

Nyll

In general, this indicates that your account has been IP banned.  Now, this could be because you actually did something very bad, or it could be because someone simply accused you of doing something very bad, or it could be a case of mistaken identity (LL banned the wrong IP address, picking one very similar to the one they intended), or it could be a case of collateral damage (your computer shares or was assigned an IP address that someone else was using).  Or, it could be that someone else in your household who has an SL account got themselves banned so thoroughly that ALL users of that computer are now banned from using Second Life.

Whatever the reason, your only response is to file a support ticket and wait for an explanation.  Then file an update with your appeal and supporting evidence of your innocence.

• Like 1

I have been experiencing the exact same problem as described here. No account issues or bans according to Live Support. My offline IM's are piling up from customers and I can't do anything about it. Trouble ticket hasn't even been assigned/looked at yet and it is 5 hours since I filed it.

I have been having the same issue for 2 weeks now.  I am not banned either so they say.  I have tried unplugging the router and nothing happens, I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and that isn't working either.  2 weeks and my ticket has not been looked at either...still says new.  :/ hope this gets fixed soon.

try calling whom ever gives you the net and ask them if they can change the IP Address or if you use a router try pluging the Ether net coard directly to your laptop that will automaticly change the IP Address for you and try logging on that way if you can the your IP Adress got banned by LL.

I called the billing line and they were closed so im going to call first thing tommorrow..i even made another account and tried jumping onto someone eles connection and i still got the same message. Its pretty frustrating..i created a ticket and they still havent reviewed it. Have you gotten urs to work?

Get a hardware serial changer software and change your harddrives uuid,and a mac changer,and change your mac.(sharewarez all so u can find them with a simple search.Google is your friend)

type to windows "run" window "ipconfig/release" plug of your modem then wait 12 seconds.Then plug it bacjk and type "ipconfig/renew"

Restart computer.

This way you changed all your computers identificational numbers and the grid "seeing you" as a new computer and lets you in if your account dont banned.

Once youre in again upgrade your account to remove that litle "X" from behind your name on lindenlabs wachlists and try to keep yourself away from crime xD

Or simply download the client called shooped life wich defaultly doesnt sending these computer datas

just ugly in the displaying of sculpties,you cant modify aint a simple script and u can use SL as a 3D chat only.

If aint no one of these helps to you, grab your computer and jump out on the window cause it means youre too stupid to follow simple instructions.

Good luck

I found a solution that is working for me! I see people trying to be helpful with answering this question but it is not about banned account or IP address issues, I see several people discussing this same problem on the forums.

I could not log in all of a sudden and kept getting the scary notice. I was not banned, account fine according to live support, could log in from other computers, etc. Turned off firewall, used different MAC address/network card, used completely different IP address/connection. Have latest video drivers, etc. Just all of a sudden could not log in from the machine...

Then I realized something HAD changed - a Windows 7 update had occurred between the time I logged off and then could not log back on, having it set to automatic. So I did a system restore to a point before the update (and turned off auto update). Then immediately I was able to log on no problem!

Now I don't know what the issue is technically, it did not seem to be a firewall issue. Again, it was not a hardware ban or IP address issue. I know Windows 7 is a little grey area as far as SL, but something about the last update seemed to be why I was unable to log in - maybe a security update was blocking it somehow?

Good news! Everything is fixed. The viwer who commented about the WIndows 7 update I think may have been right. I restarted my comp and it did its configurations and when I tried logging back on to SL all went over smoothly. Also to those who are still having trouble, try downloading the SL viwer 1.23. I did while I was still blocked and when I logged on from that viewer it worked just fine. Viewer 2 is the one im comfortable with but viwer 1.23 can help in a pinch or situation like this. So i advise both be kept on hand. At least I know thats what I will do now! Hope it all works out for the rest of u!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.