Edit at Root Prim

Mike Denneny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Mike Denneny wrote:

This is one feature that has had me using firestorm for the longest time.  If Linden lab could implement it, it would certainly make me and other builders more interested in making it our default viewer.

Anyone know if this is a likely enhancement?

You could file a Feature Request in the JIRA.

But it probably would go right up in importance as making the camera window resizable.

Well, there's a cluster of changes about to be introduced for the new Experience Tools features (whole new windows and menus and additions to a bunch of others), roughly the same kind of UI additions and changes as Pathfinding required.

I agree, though: can file a jira, but this particular functionality seems improbable, given the relative decline in importance of in-world Build Tool usage compared to external Mesh creation.

I'm in the beta. They were sensible about it this time and didn't require NDAs, so I could participate. I don't know why it's taking so long to roll out; it seems pretty solid to me -- although of course I wouldn't know about any security bugs, so maybe that's what's slowing things down. I found a few glitches, of course, so maybe there's more still needing work.

I must mention that there's more to Experience Tools than I expected. Specifically, there's a very cool, globally-accessible key-value persistent store that has many, many uses for scripters besides keeping track of Experience participant state.

[ETA: Meant to mention this wiki entry with pointers to the Experience Tools script API.]

• 1 month later...

I actually did file a jira, which turned out to be a duplicate of a locked topic, which I had re-opened, but you still can't vote on it :(  

I I understand that inworld building isn't as important with external mesh, but when bringing in multiple mesh objects it can be very useful to edit at the root!

So I really hope it can be re-considered as valuable and most likely easy to implement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.