Gacha Items

Aries Asbrink

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With the Arcade Gacha event for September just beginning I have a question I've been wanting to ask. How do people who rent tables and stalls at the Gacha yard sales get their inventory? I realize people take a gamble and can sell their items but what about people who have the entire cards of collections from creators? Are these copy botted ?

Aries Asbrink wrote:

With the Arcade Gacha event for September just beginning I have a question I've been wanting to ask. How do people who rent tables and stalls at the Gacha yard sales get their inventory? I realize people take a gamble and can sell their items but what about people who have the entire cards of collections from creators? Are these copy botted ?

Not sure what you're saying. If you're referring to the cards showing all the gacha items, they usually have little boxes attached to them that contain the individual items - the cards are only a convenient map. The gacha resellers get the items the same way anyone else does - they play the machines hoping to make a profit by selling rare items while breaking even by selling common items at face value.

• 1 year later...

I know that this thread has been resurrected from ~18 months ago but it suits me to ask a question...

What sort of rare items are in these gacha machines? What makes them rare?

I know what rare means, but I'm thinking that there can't really be anything worthwhile and desirable that's rare in SL or the creator would be selling it because it's worthwhile and desirable, and then it wouldn't be rare.

• 2 weeks later...

Since you asked and the thread has already been resurrected....

There are several stores I can think of that put very beautiful items on their gacha machines.   What makes them rare is that the most elaborate peices in those machines are hard to get with only one or two pulls (though sometimes you get lucky).   Rare and desireable though is really in the eye of the beholder but if you played a machine and one or two peices eluded you then it becomes a case of supply and demand.  Lets take for example DRD"s Mystery Mansion set. 

Right now the complete set is on the SL Marketplace for $5000 to $7500 Lindens for the complete set.  If you seen a peice you wanted but missed the event you are out of luck as the set is now retired (while I write this I am at the DRD main store looking at their Gacha section and the Mystery Mansion set from the Arcade event a few months ago is not here). This may seem like a huge amount but keep in mind that there are 32 items in this set.  However, thanks to people reselling their copies you may be able to buy the peice you want.  For a really sought after peice (like most of the structures in a gacha machine are) you are going to be paying whatever the going rate is for them. 

I sometimes do wish that people that created items for gacha machines WOULD just sell them outright but think about it - if you play a machine and you dont get what you want you will keep playing in hopes that you will get that item on the next pull.   The creator makes alot of money that way.  The best creators have a balance between gacha items and for sale items.  There are some stores where I rarely play the machines because everything they release seems to go on gacha machines - so I opt to just buy the items I want on the marketplace.  To me I just think thats a money grab and a sign of greed on the part of the creators regardless of how beautiful the item is. 

Some are becoming better though - like the Epiphany event (you can exhange extras for rare items) or the Gacha Garden event (you can earn a special prize for playing the game so many times).  Ideally the creator would accept a trade in for the items you are missing and want (X amount of commons for the rares, 1 rare for 5 commons or something like that).  The items (no matter how beautiful) are sometimes just not worth the price paid. 

It's not been around all that long and i didn't know what it meant until very recently. It's a system where you can buy items from it but you don't know what you are going to get. because of that, the cost of buying is cheaper that it would be if you'd bought it in the normal way. But one of the items you might get is a 'rare' item, which is suppoed to be very desitable, and there's a chance you might actually get it for the cheap cost.

Gacha machine operators can set the % chance that it delivers the rare item; e.g. 10% or 5% or whatever%. It's not a game. It's more akin to Midnight Mania boards and Lucky Chairs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.