New viewer 2 won't let me rename anything in my inventory

Leigh Ixtar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've just uninstalled and then reinstalled viewer 2 as a solution to a problem . . . it's solved the initial problem ok . .BUT . .

. . the newly installed viewer won't allow me to rename anything in my inventory . . and I mean not anything . . item names or folder names !

. Also it no longer allows me to set my own advanced settings in the Graphics tab the way I had them in my previous viewer 2

ei: previously,  for best performance with my slow hardware and connection , I ran set at Low on the Quality and Speed slider , with Nearby Local Lights ticked and Terrain detail set at High

. . this new installed viewer won't allow me to set to Nearby Lights and High Terrain detail while the Quality and Speed slider is set to Low .

. .to get Nearby Lights I now have to set the slider at least to Mid . . but because of my hardware this setting makes moving around erratic , causes extemely slow rezzing on loggin and frequent crashing and / or  freezing when I open my Inventory or Snapshot

??????

4 answers to this question

Regarding the renaming of inventory, hit the Enter key when you are done typing the changes.  Clicking out of the entry will cause it to revert back to its original name.

Regarding the nearby lights, use the up and down arrow to change between the selections.  For example if sun and moon only are selected, click on it and then down arrow to select local lights

Both are bugs which are reported in the jira and will hopefully get fixed.  But at least you have a runaround now.

--Cinn

Leigh.Ixtar wrote:

. . oh

just one other thing ....

the loggin page no longer gives me any option . it just saves my name ??

Yeah, far as I can tell.  You can of course opt not to have your password saved and you can still have the log in location selection box either on or off.  But looks like it always defaults the name of the last avatar that was logged out of the viewer and I don't know a way to turn that off.  Annoying too because I use my alts on a frequent basis depending on work schedules etc.  I almost never log the same avi in.

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.