What's with all the logins everywhere?

Inea Wemyss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Recently we had to login every day to access the dashboard, but we didn't have to login again to access X-street and we were logged in here as well, to make posts, although we have to use the back button on the web browser so that we don't have to login again.

Just now I noticed that I have to login to access X-street from the dashboard! So I have to login twice, once for the dashboard and then again for X-street? Is this something that will stay? Well at least for the time that Xsteet has left.

7 answers to this question

In this order, try:

Retype your user name (both of them) and password in the boxes provided on the logon screen.

Check the Second Life grid status for logon problems.

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

Try logging on at

http://slurl.com/

On login screen take this path. In top left hand corner of screen, click, edit > preferences  > in the general tab, click the box that says "show start location on login screen" click apply, click OK. Now you have something new on your login screen. Click the down arrow and choose "home", or "last location" or type "Violet" (Any region you can remember will do, if you remember the regions name spelling exactly) in the "type region name" selection. Try all three if you need to.

For wired connections for modems only: Disconnect all wires concerning your connection, wait 30 seconds then plug them back in again, including the modem and transformer. Wires should snugly fit into ports. These instructions do not apply to routers.

For wireless connections and routers: Reset your system clock. see "help and support" in Windows for directions.

Your firewall should be set to "outbound access only" for the Second Life program.

Another possible solution:

Try another viewer. This one for instance:

http://modularsystems.sl/

Thanks for the reply Faubio, but it's not the SL viewer or Emerald, I mean all the logins now in the web browser for the dashboard and then yet another for Xstreet (from today) and most of the time another login again after I have visited this blog, going back to the dashboard.

I don't stay logged in going from one place to another. Just before the daily logins to the dashboard, we had to login when we went to Xstreet.

Now there are double logins and triple if we want to visit this blogorum and then back to the dash board again, unless we use the back button.

Hello Inea, try clearing your Browser cache and cookies.  Make sure you enable cookies from id.secondlife.com.

Set  your Firewall, internet security programmes and Browser to notify you  when a connection is blocked. You can then add secondlife.com and the XStreet site as an  exceptions.

If you close the Browser then you will have to log back in. The LL Developers are working on a "Remember Me" checkbox.

• Like 1

Sorry Ella, I thought I could give two correct answers LOL

I had a good cleaning just recently, but I did it again, and it works fine now.

I never close the browser tab since they removed the remember login on Xstreet, I hate to keep logging in!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.