Unable to create requested object. Huh?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok, I've noticed something happening lately that confuses me. Every time I login, "Unable to create requested object. Object is missing from database" shows up three or four times in local chat. I've tried everything I can think of to isolate it and/or fix it: cleared cache and relogged, detached everything and relogged, different viewer, different login location, and nothing seems to help. It's not much of a problem, since nothing seems to be affected - I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and how they took care of it. Any ideas?

8 answers to this question

I would assume that something you are wearing, that is prim, is not showing up in the database properly, or in the normal time limit, so you are getting that error. It could also be that once it trys several times, the object properly rezs so the errrors stop. I would suggest that you make a backup of you avatar as it currently is using appearance > make outfit.  The remove everything, hair and all, logout, login, and then attach each item until you get the error. When you find the item, rez a copy if possible, take the copy, then delete the original. Rezzing causes LL to assign a new UUID to the item.

Hmm, that usually means the asset server is backed up, or lagging, or that LL has removed the uuid of an item or prim from their database. If it's happening as soon as you log in, then something you're wearing is trying to rez, whether it be attached to you, or your HUD(or from your client - Emerald for example attempts to load several items when you log in). If it was something in your inv that was not loading properly, like a gesture or an audio, the message will usually indicate it specifically.

If this has only been happening in the span of an hour or or a couple hours, i would let it solve itself. If it's been happening for a few days, or weeks, then there's something wrong.

You can try an clear your cache in preferences. Path is >Preferences > Network > click clear Cache button > apply > OK > restart viewer , wait, it will restart when it is done.

But it may no longer be in the SL server system some times this happens. I do not know why. Possible it's old or there has been a server problem. Waiting sometimes will bring it back. If the object is important to you make out a support ticket here:

http://secondlife.com/support/

Faubio.Alter wrote:

You can try an clear your cache in preferences. Path is >Preferences > Network > click clear Cache button > apply > OK > restart viewer

I've tried everything I can think of to isolate it and/or fix it: cleared cache and relogged, detached everything and relogged, different viewer, different login location, and nothing seems to help.

Now that I asked about it, it seems to have cleared up...must have been asset server backed up as you said, or something along those lines. Thanks for the idea, Pickle, and thanks to all the rest for your suggestions! Like I said, it wasn't much of an issue since it didn't appear to be affecting anything, but it feels better not to get three or four error messages every time I log in. Thanks again!

UPDATE: I think I found out exactly what was happening. Most of the time I use Emerald v1634 for compatibility reasons, and it seems the object that was causing trouble was the Emerald LSL Client Bridge - even if I detached it or logged in with another viewer. I tried the Emerald 2439 beta today and when it asked if it could move the bridge to the trash since the beta doesn't need it anymore, something popped up about a new UUID being assigned to the bridge object. After that, no more error messages!

Thanks again everyone!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.