Hi, I've just joined, and I can't log on. Can anyone help?

Vixen Monk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If anyone could help me I would be very grateful!

I've downloaded the game and everything, and tried to login to Second Life. It loads to 'Waiting for region handshake' then cuts out stating 'We're having trouble connecting. There may be a problem with your internet connection or the Second Life grid.'

I have ADSL2+, over 28mb/s...So it couldn't be my internet connection...I have also allowed the program to go through my firewalls!

Could anyone help me? Is Second Life down? I'm so frustrated lol

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

From my experience this is the response I always get when my firewall is preventing Second Life from connecting.

You would need to  create an exception rule with your firewall to allow Second Life to connect. Different firewalls have different procedures to do this but it is usually pretty easy. Often you can just use Google to find the solution by entering the name of the firewall immediately followed by the words " Second Life access" or similar.

As a temporary solution and to double-check that this is indeed the solution, you can turn off your third-party firewall and use the Windows firewall to see if you can access SL. In the past this has allowed me to pinpoint my third-party firewall as the source of the  problem. Please note this is only as a temporary solution as the Windows firewall is not normally as effective as a good-class third party firewall for normal internet access.

Hope this helps !!

Enjoy SL !!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.