Sign in to follow this  
Vixen Monk

Hi, I've just joined, and I can't log on. Can anyone help?

Question

From my experience this is the response I always get when my firewall is preventing Second Life from connecting.

You would need to  create an exception rule with your firewall to allow Second Life to connect. Different firewalls have different procedures to do this but it is usually pretty easy. Often you can just use Google to find the solution by entering the name of the firewall immediately followed by the words " Second Life access" or similar.

As a temporary solution and to double-check that this is indeed the solution, you can turn off your third-party firewall and use the Windows firewall to see if you can access SL. In the past this has allowed me to pinpoint my third-party firewall as the source of the  problem. Please note this is only as a temporary solution as the Windows firewall is not normally as effective as a good-class third party firewall for normal internet access.

Hope this helps !!

Enjoy SL !!

2 answers to this question

From my experience this is the response I always get when my firewall is preventing Second Life from connecting.

You would need to  create an exception rule with your firewall to allow Second Life to connect. Different firewalls have different procedures to do this but it is usually pretty easy. Often you can just use Google to find the solution by entering the name of the firewall immediately followed by the words " Second Life access" or similar.

As a temporary solution and to double-check that this is indeed the solution, you can turn off your third-party firewall and use the Windows firewall to see if you can access SL. In the past this has allowed me to pinpoint my third-party firewall as the source of the  problem. Please note this is only as a temporary solution as the Windows firewall is not normally as effective as a good-class third party firewall for normal internet access.

Hope this helps !!

Enjoy SL !!

Thanks I actually restarted my computer after saving changes from allowing SL through my firewalls...Silly me! It worked lol

Thanks for your help though