Sign in to follow this  
poesraven72

Is it against the TOS to be banned from a public sim without provocation?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

A landowner doesn't need any reason to eject you or ban you.  He doesn't have to give you a warning or an explanation, and doesn't have to listen to your excuses or your requests to come back either.  A landowner makes the rules on his own land.  Period.  See the TOS (Sect. 4.8): "You may permit or deny other users to access your Virtual Land on terms determined by you. "

BTW, there is no such thing as a "public sim."  All land is owned by somebody --- either Linden Lab or a private individual or group --- and the landowner always has full authority over who is allowed to be there.

• Like 1

Thank you for your assistance though I will say something. I never went to the one ... never even asked why I was banned. I was following up on something I heard and wanted to find out if it was fact. No excuses...no requests to come back as the one I had never been to. But thank you for responding. It is apprecaited

You're welcome. Please note that I edited my post to add the TOS reference, in case you missed it in your own reading.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.