How Is the Friend I gave Modify Permissions Able to View My Inventory?

Deanna Starspear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just recently gave a friend of mine whom I really trust modify permissions to my inventory. Now neither she nor I know how she will be able to view my inventory so that she can modify it. You see, my friend is also my mommy and my mistress online, and I want to make it easier for her instead of having to unlock my collar everytime I get a new object or outfit. That way, she can just put stuff into my RLV folder herself. Is that possible with giving her modify permissions or would I have to have my collar unlocked for me to put things in my RLV folder my ownself?

6 answers to this question

Before you start playing around with RLV and the #RLV folder you really need to read up on how it works.  Check out Marines blog (http://realrestraint.blogspot.com) and in particular the sections on Object sharing

Firstly .. modify permisions even if you are running a RLV client does not give anyone the ability to view your inventory.  What RLV can allow is access to a special directory (#RLV) that you must create.  Setting this up is not trivial so again, read up from Marine's blog.

Scruffy

• Like 1

If no one can view the inventory, how are they able to midfy it then? That is one thing I do not understand. Also, I already know how to set up my #RLV folder thanks to my mommy mistress's help with that. Thank you anyway for your advice on that part. I guess your response does answer the question of whether or not someone with modify permissions can add to my #RLV folder with the answer being no. Still the question remains how someone is able to modify my inventory without being able to view what I have in there to begin with. Do you have a link explaining fully how giving modify permissions work and how the other person does modify the inventory?

Okay, now I understand. Thank you all for your help. I guess then I can just take her off my modify permissions list being it's not what I thought it was. I just figured it would give her permission to modify my inventory instead of always having to unlock my inventory for me to put things where they need to go or to edit things. Guess we always learn something new everyday.

Oh, I don't know.  Giving your dominant modify permissions on your objects seems to me to be a very submissive act and allows them a lot of control over your life.

You might come home and find your pretty house has been replaced by a cardboard box and a doggie dish.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.