Black screen when taking pictures

maritzababyxo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone!

As you saw my headline, I'm not sure what's really going on when I take pictures... when I take a picture in world my whole screen goes black and I can't click anything now I can get to my toolbar and from there I can hover over the SL program and I can see that the "save as" screen is up after taking a picture, but when I click to go back into SL all I see is still black! So what I would have to do in order to see stuff I would have to relog back in world and not take pictures... I'm not really sure what's going on or how to fix that... because I've never had this issue before. I really need help asap since I take a lot of pictures in SL, if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it!

Thank you so much!

-Juliana :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Hi Maritza,

I've not heard of a snapshot induced black screen, but black screens in general have been the result of graphics card driver problems. Check for driver updates for your computer and, if they're avaiable, install them.

NVIDIA drivers are available here...

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

And AMD/ATI drivers are available here...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Good luck!

I don't think its the viewer.  I used to get that on my old computer sometimes when my graphics card couldn't handle what I was doing, including taking snapshots.  I bought a new and better computer and haven't had the problem since then.

Post your computer specs here so we can see what you are using.  Just go to "help" in the viewer and About <name of your viewer> and copy and paste what you find there.

• 1 year later...

Long time blogger here. 5000 plus posts.

Generally (read that as almost always) the black screen if from overtaxing your computer. Try taking a SMALLER photo or turning off other applications. If you are trying to take a photo with an alt (or two) that could well be the issue.

You can try another viewer but this happens with them all when you try to outdo what you computer wants.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.