Premium Account Banned due to non-payment... What now?

Cristel Avon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, a premium account member's account is unpaid.  She received an email today to say that she has 30 days to pay.  With the account banned, she cant log in to pay it.  What method of payment is available for payment and re-activation?  A support ticket has been logged.

6 answers to this question

Cristel Avon wrote:

Hi, a premium account member's account is unpaid.  She received an email today to say that she has 30 days to pay.  With the account banned, she cant log in to pay it.  What method of payment is available for payment and re-activation?  A support ticket has been logged.

Call Billing.  Seems like something they should be able to handle over the phone.

--Cinn

If you have a non-technical issue with your account you can also call our Billing team at:

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490

Germany: 0800.664.5510

Japan: 0066.33.132.830

Portugal: 800.814.450

Spain: 800.300.560

UK: 0800.048.4646

Support is in English Only

When your payment method fails you get an email telling that and that your account will be available for 7 days before being locked.  LL automatically tries the payment again the next day.......up to, I suppose, when the 7 days are up.  During that 7 day period the problem should have been taken care of........your account is accessible for that purpose.  Once the time runs out the account is locked for 30 days..........then it's deleted.

You, or your friend, might want to check any email filters in case such emails are going to the junk folder.  The notice that the account has been locked due to non-payment is the last of several sent by LL.  Your only recourse at this point is a phone call.

• Like 1

"She received an email today to say that she has 30 days to pay.  With  the account banned, she cant log in to pay it.  What method of payment  is available for payment and re-activation?  A support ticket has been  logged."

Once an account is frozen, the resident has basically run out of options.  They cannot login to pay it in lindens, they cannot get a friend's help, the only thing they can do is pay it through the website.  Get the person to log into the sl website, go to their dashboard, keep the payment method they have or change it to one that works... and pay the 9.95

Once that is done the resident can opt to keep being premium, or downgrade to basic before payment is due again to avoid this from happening again.

A support ticket won't help or change anything... phoning Billing will only result in you being told the above.

Hi all... I am the avatar that was banned.  Thank you Cinamon for your wise words.  I called the support line you gave, they opened up my sl dashboard for me.  I changed my account details, and they billed me immediately.  My account is reactivated and my bill paid.  Thank you Cristel for adressing this!  Love you

Very glad you got that resolved Amber!

I have heard of this happening alot lately (the economy) and I always thought it a fine thank you from LL for having a premium account.  Almost makes you want to downgrade now just in case you suddenly fall on hard times.

If you keep a basic account you never have to worry about it.

/me rethinks my premium account

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.