Is there a limit to additional accounts?

Paivi Shippe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Two years ago, when I joined Second Life, you were allowd only one free account and you had to pay a fee for additional accounts. Now it says in the TOS (http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php) that you may have additional accounts: "You may establish one or more additional Accounts, provided that your existing Account is in good standing and you are otherwise in full compliance with this Agreement." I cannot find anything about a fee for the additional accounts any more, so it must be free.

But does the limit of five free accounts per family or per IP-number still apply? I can't find anything about that, either. Does this mean you can have as many additional accounts you need? Is whitelisting of an IP-number for organizations still required?

I'm writing a manual for educators and I need to know for sure before I can say anything definite about this.

Rgds,
Paivi Shippe

5 answers to this question

Thank you for both replys - household was indeed the word I was looking for. I tried to find this information on the SL and LL web pages, but didn't - can you point me to the right spot? Or is this something that is not documented, but people just learn to know when they go over the limit?

The info on Alt accounts is here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alt_Account_FAQ

As far as i am aware the term 'household' is not defined anywhere, I know a few Lindens and asked being curious myself (i had a few guesses as to what it meant but I don't want to give answers that effect other people and their accounts based on guesses or my own personal opinion).  What I'd suggest if you seek verification is call Billing... they are the people who deal with such things:

If you have a non-technical issue with your account you can also call our Billing team at:

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490

Germany: 0800.664.5510

Japan: 0066.33.132.830

Portugal: 800.814.450

Spain: 800.300.560

UK: 0800.048.4646

Support is in English Only

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.