How to like save a picture of my avatar to the computer?

KarisalynnXOXO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

There's a toolbar button that looks like a camera and (If you have toolbar text enabled) says "Snapshot". Click that and the "Snapshot" window pops up. You'll see a thumbnail of the current snapshot and some choices for where to save it. Select "Save to My Computer". You'll probably want to keep the "Current Window" and "JPEG" settings, and make sure the Image Quality slider is all the way to the right (Very High Quality) unless disk space is tight on your computer.

When you click "Save" you'll get your computer's standard file save dialog box, in which you'll select the name and destination for the snapshot. The thumbnail image will have a little refresh icon in the lower left corner. Clicking on that will update the snapshot to what's currently in your viewer window.

Once you've set up and saved that first snapshot, you can quickly take subsequent snapshots by typing Ctrl+`. Each new snapshot will have the base name of the first one you saved, followed by a three digit sequence number. If you named your first snapshot Karisalynn, the actual file name would be Karisalynn_001. Typing Ctrl+` would take another snapshot and save it as Karisalynn_002.

There are other options for saving snapshots available in that window.

You can save images directly to your inventory for L$10 per snapshot. I don't recommend doing that because the image is automatically squished to one of the standard SL texture resolutions, generally 1024x512 or so. That's terrible resolution compared to the full screen resolution of most computers. Save to your PC and, if you want a copy in-world, upload it. That'll also cost you L$10, but leaves you with a high resolution copy on your computer.

You can save your snapshots directly to your profile feed, at full resolution and for no cost.

And finally, you can send the shapshot to someone using e-mail. The sender address will be Second Life, so it's possible that spam filters will toss any images you send that way. I'd recommend saving to your PC and e-mailing from there, as you would with any other attachment.

Have fun!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.