Importing my Avatar

Esther Lowbeam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Some viewers support the export of the avatar mesh as Wavefront file format *.obj. With that you can feed most 3D software. I am not aware of supporting stl in a direct way. Maybe you can export it then. Another way to export the the mesh is via XML. You can find that in the menu  Develop-Avatar-Character Tests-Appearance To XML, but you would need the Avastar extension for Blender to make the actual shape with it.

• Like 2

I know of Singularity supporting the export of the mesh. I will stick to this viewer now. First of all, you need to be the maker off the shape. If you used another one and changed only the values, you will need to make new shape and transfer the data manually. You need to open the Advanced menu (ctrl alt d) and there you click Character-Meshes and Morphes. There you get a list of all bodyparts to export. Hair, eye, eyelashes etc. Choose what you need and choose "current mesh" where it is offered (base mesh will export the default avatar, when I remember right). You might need to export the different LOD's as well, or make the LOD on your own if needed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.