Emerald Log Disappeared

Dahlia Orellana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

15 answers to this question

"Anyone else have there log disappear yesterday?"

Sorry, don't use Emerald but ideally I can point you towards the people who might have an answer for you : )

When inworld do a search on "Emerald"... they have a support/help group you can join... ask in that group and you should get someone who knows about it.

Dahlia Orellana wrote:

I actually think it is an SL issue as they do the logging. But thanks everyone.

LL *does* log everyone's chat and IM.  But YOUR logs (if you enable logging) are kept on your own computer, not on LL's servers.

If you installed a new version of Emerald, the location of the logs may have been changed.  The old ones are almost certainly still there, unless your installation over-wrote them.  Do a file search on your computer for "chatlog".

"I actually think it is an SL issue as they do the logging. But thanks everyone."

Yes, but the problem is... none of us know, it baffles us all.  Thus the only people who might know why the logs were erased or have any sort of resolution to this issue would be Emerald or LL... yes?   This problem is compounded further by the fact you use Emerald, LL Support will likely reply since you use a third party anything, you're on your own as far as support goes.  Thus my suggestion you go to the source for resolution, pressuming resolution is to be found, maybe I'm wrong but we nor LL seem able to help cut through the haze.  It certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

• Like 1

As a catagory, I'd doubt it... Emerald has their own Support and being third-party LL would likely want to distance themselves from from it on a LL forum in a specific nature , instead happy to keep Emerald issues posted generally.   The fact it's a good idea not withstanding lol, I can't even count how many Emerald questions I've answered on SLA (some right, some wrong as you're aware LOL)

If LL were going to do that route they'd create specific sections for viewer2 and Snowglobe as a priority before they followed the third party path being by guess.  Viewer2 sure could use one.

Thanks. I do know how these logs are usually erased. Just not the case. I did nothing..looked up a histiry and actually saw error at first.  Was strange I guess as UncleBob says we will all remain baffled as I doubt if I asked I would get a LL response. Oh well c'est la vie duexieme.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.