How to get more prims with premium upgrade?

Thalia Firehawk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello - Thalia Firehawk here -

I just upgraded to a premium membership, received my free 512m home with 117 prims.

My problem is - I need more prims! I have beem looking around - saw I could upgrade my tier to 1536 meters

which has more prims, but even doing that - do not know if I need to go buy a 1536 meter house or land, or

how to use it so that I can have access to more prims! I would be willing to buy more prims, but cannot find

any way to do that either. So...I have reset my 'tier' to the next size up, & apparently now have access to up

to 1/64th of a region, or 1536 meters, which is 1024 more meters than the basic 512 meter home with 117 prims,

which comes with the premium membership upgrade.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to have access to more prims? What does moving up to the next tier do

for people - how can that be used to acquire more prims - how to buy the additional land or bigger house?

But - more than anything - all I am seeking right now is some way to purchase or acquire more prims - my existing

512m home is nice enough - I just need more prims.

I will wait around & check on this question & all possible answers - have already exhausted looking for the answer

on how to increase my prims & can find no explanations anywhere else!

Thank you in advance for all information, suggestions, & answers!

:-)

love,

Thalia

4 answers to this question

Hi Thalia,

Unfortunately the only way you can get more prims, is to buy more land.  There are 117 prims per every 512m of land.  So, if you need more prims, you will have to buy more land.  There is no way to simply buy more prims for your land.

This is direct from Second Life Wiki:

Every parcel of land in Second Life can support a limited number of  primitive objects, or "prims". The number of prims a parcel supports is  directly related to its size; larger parcels are capable of supporting  more prims.

Sorry it's not the answer you were hoping for.

EDIT:  One thing I forgot, you would have to buy more land in-world to own more land.  You can use the Land tab in search, and there you can search by parcel size and/or price range.  However, keep in mind land in different sims do not share prims.  So if you want 234 prims, you would need either a 1024M piece of land or two 512M parcels within the same sim.  Parcels within in the same sim do share prims.

If you already have a Linden Home, unfortunately you couldn't add prims to it, because you're only allowed one per premium account and can't buy land in those sims.

The amount of prims you have available depends on how much land you own in that region. It is always 117 prims for every 512sq.m. There's a whole formula for it in the Wki/KnowledgeBase, but that's the best way to calculate it. So, 1,024 is two times 512 and so it has two times 117 or 234 prims.

Btw, the parcels do not have to be connected, only in the same region.

Hi Thalia,

It sounds like you are talking about the free Linden home that you get with premium membership.

There is no way to increase your prims there.  What you need to do is purchase land elsewhere up to the amount you have tiered up to and abandon your Linden home so that the 512 applies against the land you purchase.

Hope this helps.

Theia's answer is excellent.  Another thing you might try is putting yourself on a prim diet.  A lot of us become prim addicts, buying more and more land so we can have more and more stuff in a never-ending cycle.

Even a small place like a Linden Home can be made comfortable, if you choose your furnishings carefully, with an eye to their prim count as well as price.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.