Saving your house and all prims?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, Im probably wishful thinking but is there any way to save all your stuff (house, landscaping, furniture etc.) so if it all gets auto returned at once, you can put it all back easily? Twice in the last several years, my "landlord" has vanished and sold the land. All my hard work- my house and everything with it gets dumped into one big stuck together mess in my inventory. Is there a way to save it all together, perhaps link it ALL so I could "roll it back out?"

You would think with all the brilliant minds here.. someone has thought of this?

If it's copy and mod, or full perm to you, you can get a free rezbox and put it all in there.  No copy or no mod things can't be handled this way though. 

You can't link more than 256 prims together either and can only link items with mod permissions together.

Lastly you could if it is all copy highlight it all and take a copy into your inventory as a coalesced object.  This works even if some of it is no mod.  However you are limited to 1000 prims or 1000 scripts per coalesced object and can't include any Linden plants.  If you go over the limits or include Linden plants you won't be able to rez it out again as a whole.  You'd have to file a support ticket and get LL to break it into smaller groups and get rid of the Linden plants, so that would defeat the purpose.  However if you can stay under that limit when you rez it out again, open your edit tools and hold your shift key down, so when it rezzes out you can move and rotate it all as a group to place it properly.

Along with the coalesced idea which is likely the best, be aware that the MORE land impact (prims if legacy builds) you pick up together -- the more difficult it will be to rez. So best to take in say 250 clumps rather than ALL together. In order to do this you will need to identify the no copy items as you can't take copies of those naturally. So moving them out of the way is a good plan. Then take your copy and save it in a folder that explains what it is as the name of the "clump" will have the name of one of the items and it will be no mod (unless everything you have is mod-copy which is unlikely).

Good luck. I do this all the time so not a big deal and as you say VERY good insurance. You CAN still lose things but this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.