Messages on SL viewer won't go away...

Fidelity Quintessa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have received a black box message on my SL viewer which says;

"NO MEDIA PLUGIN WAS FOUND TO HANDLE THE "TEXT/HTML" MIME TYPE. 

MEDIA OF THIS TYPE WILL BE UNAVAILABLE.

OK

I know that my AVG had accidentally removed my ability to watch films inworld.  However, I can't get rid of the messages on my SL viewer.  There are several of them, all the same message, down the right side of the viewer. I have tried clicking on the OK button and on the Notifications button at the top but to no avail.   I can't click on the cross button on the top right hand corner of the message box because it just moves away whenever I try to click on it.

I have tried logging out and then back in but still these message boxes remain down one side.  It's basically ruining the enjoyment of logging in to the graphics.

Is there a way I can get rid of them without having to download the viewer again?

Would be pleased for some information.

Thanks.

Sue.

3 answers to this question

It's telling you that your PC has an invalid registry entry for the Media Player function. This can  happen when you uninstall a previous media player from your PC or an automatic update fails for an existing media player.

This ought to solve the problem:

1) Download and install QuickTime from www.quicktime.com. Allow it to become the default player for all normal mime & extension types..

2) Perform a clean install of the SL Viewer following these instructions:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life...

3) Start SL and allow SLVoice to run thru your PC's firewall if prompted.

4) If prompted, also allow SLPlugin.exe to run thru your PC's firewall as well.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.