New Profile Layout?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Fellow Residents, has anyone else come across the new profile layout which seems to have emerged with the new update? When I click on "View Profile" now I get the profile pic and very little else. Since viewing people's profiles is an extremely important part of SL then I am sad that the original layout has been dropped, i have a friend with a Mac who also uses SL Viewer and she has the same problem so it's not just on PCs. I have logged on with Firestorm and the profile layout there is as it always was but I do prefer the convenience of SL Viewer and wonder if anybody knows if this is a bug that can be fixed by an update or if there is something I should be doing which will access all the profile info and picks etc.

Thanks for taking the time to rwad this, any feedback would be much appreciated.

Neil

Considering the profile layout of all modern viewers is just copied/called from my.secondlife.com...

Nope.

It's considerably more likely that you just have some issue with your individual viewer, or have accidentally been using some old or hacked-together system that is EOL.

Post pix or something to confirm, thanks.

sometimes there can be login problems, and the viewer doesn't pass on the right credentials for those profiles to work.

you have this issue if you see a padlock icon at the top left of the profile window.

to work around the problem, click on that padlock, and you will be prompted for your SL username and password. this generally solves the problem for the diration of the login.

if you are havng this padlock thing happen every single time, you might want to report it through JIRA. this has been a long term problem, so it's not clear that LL can reproduce the problem in house, or they'd have noticed and tried to fix it by now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.