Wishlists.....what?

Yevad Doobie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After searching the site for ages and not for the first time, I still can't find anything which tells me what the hell "wish lists" are supposed to be for.   Wiki doesn't say, the knowledge base has nothing....is it items I wish someone would make, items I wish a complete stranger will buy for me, items I can't find by using the useless search facility?  It really makes no sense and as usual all literature about it fails to even mention the fundamental question: what is it actually for?

When it first appeared I made one fun entry on mine and it has since been deleted by LL with no explanation or notification, so it is rather pointless if they are going to interfere with it anyway.  I didn't get my wish either.

And another thing....what does "- this encourages people to answer for points and helps you track answers." above this text entry box refer to?  Points for what?!?  Is this a game show?!?!  There is a question mark icon next to the check box, but it appears to do nothing except check/uncheck the box.  These SL sites get more and more weird and less and less relevant...is there something in the water?

And in reference to the above, one more question for a bonus point:

What is the capital city of Peru?

7 answers to this question

Hi Yevad.

You can make a list of items you see on Xstreet that you wish to buy but might not have any money to buy them. If someone wants to be so kind and buy it for you, like for your birthday or something, then they can see your list and buy you a gift. It can also be used as a kind of reminder list of things you saw late one night but know you'll forget about the next day. You can go back to the list to remind you.

As for the question marking thing...well...yeah...that's a bit confusing since I post a question I expect it to be answered. Why do I need to let everyone know it's a question? haha.

And Peru...google it. haha.

PM

• Like 1

OK, for those reading this that are as confused about my confusion as I am confused about this site, here is what brought me here:

At the bottom of the wiki page it said "

How can I get further help on using Wish Lists?

Please start by emailing secondlife@wishpot.com. You can also post your question on Second Life Answers or open an Xstreet SL support ticket.

"

I wasn't about to e-mail wishpot.com, as I have never heard of them and the "Second Life Answers" link brought me over here, to a page which looks like one of those knowledge base pages where you can read others questions and the responses from those at the helm, rather like a less formal ticket I assumed.  So I clicked the button to make a new question and now I have made a blog it tells me, not exactly what I was expecting.

Well, now it's done so ho-hum....tune in tomorrow for another thrilling instalment of my new blog...not that I want a blog, or ever have.  Actually, unless someone leads a really interesting life, full of adventure and intrigue, I can't imagine why anyone would want a blog.

Maybe this is all a mistake and LL don't even know what a blog is?  Oh well, I can answer that one: it is short for "web log", a chronicle of some ones mundane life posted on the internet for everyone to see and read rather than looking for errors in the telephone directory when bored.  Do I get any points?

Professor Merryman wrote:

Hi Yevad.

You can make a list of items you see on Xstreet that you wish to buy but might not have any money to buy them. If someone wants to be so kind and buy it for you, like for your birthday or something, then they can see your list and buy you a gift. It can also be used as a kind of reminder list of things you saw late one night but know you'll forget about the next day. You can go back to the list to remind you.

As for the question marking thing...well...yeah...that's a bit confusing since I post a question I expect it to be answered. Why do I need to let everyone know it's a question? haha.

And Peru...google it. haha.

PM

How weird....no wander nobody fulfilled my wish, I guess Pinks decapitated head on a silver plate was a bit much to ask for really.  I thought "favourite items" was for reminders...well that's what I have always used it for anyway as that seemed to be the way it worked.

I know the answer of the Peru question already, its just for bonus points, and to see if anyone else does.  I clicked the thingy to give you 2 points by the way for being so kind in joining me on my new blog!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.