Tos Games of skill Question... What if the game does not require/permit L to play nor pay out L?

YumiMomoko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This new Tos has got me thinking... What about games people use in RP? I've been in a few RP places where they had a dice game well it wasn't  really a 'game'  just a table that spawns dice that when clicked on roll and 'players' guess (by guess I mean they say in nearby to the person sitting behind the table) what they think the dice will land on.... meaning  a even or odd combination. If the game has never required L to play and it does not give you L if you 'win' and the only scripting involved is what spawns the dice and makes them roll is it breaking tos to play it or have it on a sim that is not a skilled gameing sim? Keeping in mind the game does NOT have scripting to know what the players guess is....so it doesn't know who wins or looses and it doesn't reqiure, permit, or give out L.  Just something I've been wondering about... thanks in advance for your responses! 

What does Linden Lab consider a skill game?

“Skill Game” refers to any game: 1) whose outcome is determined by skill and is not contingent, in whole or in material part, upon chance; 2) requires or permits the payment of Linden Dollars to play; 3) provides a payout in Linden Dollars; and 4) is legally authorized by applicable United States and international law.

Thanks for your time! 

3 answers to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.